Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi Toys - General Discussion Thread

The Last Jedi Toys - General Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss possible Episode 8 toys.

***Warning this thread may contain spoilers! Proceed at your own risk***

I think we may need a thread for Episode 8 toy discussion. Because today a couple of the British Royals toured the Episode 8 set at Pinewood studios today. On hand were director Rian Johnson, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy and cast members Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega. They were also joined by Chewbacca and BB-8. And on the set were three Resistance starfighters, including a T-70 X-Wing and two A-Wing fighters. One of those was in the traditional red & white color scheme from ROTJ, and the other was in the blue & white markings from the original Ralph McQuarrie design. These ships were all on a set that looked very much like some sort of Rebel/Resistance hangar bay.

Yes agree an episode VIII thread needed as more info is released. Good to see a wings, hope we get b wings and a few new fighter designs going forward

Hope the A-wings and B-wings make a return as well. I was a bit baffled we didn't see any in TFA, as during ROTJ they were new crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    Hope the A-wings and B-wings make a return as well. I was a bit baffled we didn't see any in TFA, as during ROTJ they were new crafts.
    People assumed they were new vehicles in ROTJ; but that was never stated onscreen. The Rebels series has actually established both A-Wings and B-Wings as being around prior to ANH.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    People assumed they were new vehicles in ROTJ; but that was never stated onscreen. The Rebels series has actually established both A-Wings and B-Wings as being around prior to ANH.
    Ah, thats me going back into the old EU again, at least with the B-wings. I remember in the old EU the A-wings were in the ANH era and B-wings started appearing right after Empire (I'm going by video games, notably the X-wing series and Rogue Squadron series).

I still need to watch Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    Dont forget during TFA a state of war does not exist, the Resistance is an off shoot of the New Republic and is only tolerated by them, so they would not have access to the amount of hardware they had during the civil war. With the Republic now gone and the Resistance as the last line of defence against the First Order I would expect it to now resemble the Rebellion with more varied starfighters appearing.

would love to see a new 'updated" A-Wing similar to how we saw a new updated X-Wing. I'd also love to see perhaps a new updated Y-Wing and maybe an all new Resistance style starfighter.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

[If it isn't to late, can you put SPOILERS!! in the title as I see this thread becoming dozens of pages long very quickly so the message will be lost.]

I want the Alien Opera guys and at least one more of the aliens we've seen represented.

Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast