Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) Figure

As I said, just my opinion. I agree, 3PO and R2 were done extremely well. I can identify my personal disappointments with the other figures you mentioned:

- Vader - too short as he's not correctly scaled;

- Luke Bespin - looks like GG used a 1979 photocopier to produce the extremely poor quality pic on the card;

- Death Squad Commander - has one leg shorter than the other which makes him very difficult to stand unassisted;

- Boba Fett - his gun is so loose in his hand that it often just falls out;

- 2-1B - incorrect paint apps.

Now got take a look at the bubble on the upcoming Luke Jedi and tell me that that doesn't look hokey to you.

I'm not suggesting these flaws are deal-breakers or line killers, but sheesh GG, stop saying that they're just like the ones we had as kids, only bigger, when clearly they are not!
    Last edited by TheGoodDr; 05-16-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodDr View Post
    As I said, just my opinion. I agree, 3PO and R2 were done extremely well. I can identify my personal disappointments with the other figures you mentioned:

- Vader - too short as he's not correctly scaled;

- Luke Bespin - looks like GG used a 1979 photocopier to produce the extremely poor quality pic on the card;

- Death Squad Commander - has one leg shorter than the other which makes him very difficult to stand unassisted;

- Boba Fett - his gun is so loose in his hand that it often just falls out;

- 2-1B - incorrect paint apps.

Now got take a look at the bubble on the upcoming Luke Jedi and tell me that that doesn't look hokey to you.

I'm not suggesting these flaws are deal-breakers or line killers, but sheesh GG, stop saying that they're just like the ones we had as kids, only bigger, when clearly they are not!

Don't forget the strangely anorexic waist on the Wampa that has never been addressed by GG, and the extra detailed scales added to Bossk's headsculpt that were never on ANY version of the original Kenner figure, clearly added intentionally to provide more detail to the headsculpt despite GG's claim that they are ONLY doing accurate 3D scans of the original figures.

Also the poor mismatched colors for the vinyl capes on ANH Leia and the Tusken Raider.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 05-17-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Shabby Blue

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodDr View Post

I won't defend GG on these atrocious short bubbles. I was able to live with some flaws on the figures, but it clearly is a line breaker for me since I keep them carded. Hope they will correct for the next release, and that I will only have to replace Jedi Luke's clamshell. But if not... Might go loose from now on!

Picked up the Carbonite Han yesterday and opened the shipping box. Mine came in really great shape. He is stay carded though. I was a bit annoyed with the flimsy plastic they used for the carbonite block.

Let me just shared my experience with the Han Solo:

- It arrived finally two days ago (I live in Spain). When I opened the package, I discovered that the figure was perfect.. but it came without the coin!
    - I called their customer service and asked for a solution. They offered to send me the coin only! I told them that I do not open the figures so that doesn't work for me.
    - They are still checking if they can send me a new one (I will have to return mine of course), but they said that they are not sure because there might not be 'extra' Han Solos!! I don't believe in that argument.

It is so frustrating to be the victim of their bad Quality Checks not fair at all. They said that they will send me an email next week, but I fear that I will have ending calling them again.... let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGuard View Post

- It arrived finally two days ago (I live in Spain). When I opened the package, I discovered that the figure was perfect.. but it came without the coin!
    - I called their customer service and asked for a solution. They offered to send me the coin only! I told them that I do not open the figures so that doesn't work for me.
    - They are still checking if they can send me a new one (I will have to return mine of course), but they said that they are not sure because there might not be 'extra' Han Solos!! I don't believe in that argument.

It is so frustrating to be the victim of their bad Quality Checks not fair at all. They said that they will send me an email next week, but I fear that I will have ending calling them again.... let's see.
    Good luck! I was never able to get any answers from GG customer service... If I was you, I'd accept the loose coin and put it back in the package. They're easy to open and put back in, and from my experience, they don't go down in value because the seal is broken. Nobody cares that the tapes are missing when an opportunity to catch a rare figure comes along... And this one has every chance of becoming rare. It's already impossible to get! Consider yourself lucky to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebkenobi View Post
    Good luck! I was never able to get any answers from GG customer service... If I was you, I'd accept the loose coin and put it back in the package. They're easy to open and put back in, and from my experience, they don't go down in value because the seal is broken. Nobody cares that the tapes are missing when an opportunity to catch a rare figure comes along... And this one has every chance of becoming rare. It's already impossible to get! Consider yourself lucky to have one!
    Yeah... my advice is that if you want to get some answers from Cust Service you call them. I tried several times to send them emails through their contact form, but never got an answer

As for the coin, let's see what happens. I will keep you posted. I hope that none of you gets your Han Solo without the coin! It's so frustrating...

I looked at the one I got and it has the coin. Hey you might have a rarity. Just a thought, it would be considered factory error.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGuard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I looked at the one I got and it has the coin. Hey you might have a rarity. Just a thought, it would be considered factory error.
    Well that's a good point, thanks for looking at the bright side : ) although I would definitely ask for my missing coin!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112