Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Collectors Gallery Statue

Thank you for posting the pictures, duncan27. Your statue looks nice, and goes well next to the mini bust. It's a great space-saving sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan27 View Post
    LOL, ok, maybe I have this wrong. I am looking at the photos from Gentle Giant and don't see the white stickers. Maybe they are suppose to be removed??
    I don't think they are meant to be removed. I believe they signify light seeping through those sections. If you were to remove the stickers, I'm afraid it will be all black underneath, and would take away the "light" effect. As I mentioned before, I own the original statue, and those sections are white, even when the lights are off. I think the photos from Gentle giant are those of the prototype, and not the final product. Below you can see a picture of the larger Vader statue with the lights turned off. Those sections remain white ...

I'm also adding here a picture of my statue next to the Gree bust, in the same position as the one you took, to serve as size comparison between both Vader statues ...

1/6 Vader Statue

1/8 Scale Vader statue

Last edited by LightSword; 01-21-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Adding picture for closer comparison
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

thanks lightsword... looking at your statue gives me some good comparison shots. I won't remove the stickers, but they do look out of place still for me. Also seeing your base it reinforces my belief that the base should be more glossy.

You are welcome. There's a lot of gloss given to the 1/6 version as you pointed out. That said, personally I think the sculpt looks good also with the less glossy base, making Vader himself stand out more. Have you gotten any other statues in a similar scale as Vader? Not from GG, but I can recommended the Emperor from Attakus from their elite series, although the face sculpt isn't the best around.The original was too big for my shelf so I picked up the smaller version (6 1/2" high), and I like how it displays ...

1/10 Scale Emperor statue

Last edited by LightSword; 01-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

At the moment he is " finishing" up my sith set. I have the Ventress and Dooku statue and the Maul and bloodfin statue. The emperor hologram from sideshow is the only non gentle giant in the set.
    Last edited by duncan27; 01-21-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks for the pictures! I've been debating getting this statue and now after seeing it I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get one. I also think I'll add some clear gloss paint to the base so it looks like the larger one. Does Vader separate from the base or is it attached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader is attached, it is all one piece

I figured... Ok, thanks for letting me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just posted an unboxing video for the Darth Vader Collector's Gallery statue and we give a sneak peek at the NEXT statue in the line: https://youtu.be/s8-XrQQCmfg
    Last edited by BithBandLeader; 02-16-2017 at 08:09 PM.

•    
    I saw a suggestion from someone on Facebook & totally agree, when showing a statue it's definitely a good idea not to have a significant amount of the presentation area being the same colour as what your showing.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

double post.
    Last edited by LightSword; 02-17-2017 at 08:06 PM.

My Feedback

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast