Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion - TV Show

Anyone else think this show has a Lost , dharma initiative feel to it?

Also noticed Syd's earrings looked a lot like the ladder he was climbing
    IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL - XLIII

Man this last episode was so boring. Complete turnaround from the way the last two were starting to gain momentum.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

This show definitely isn't for everyone, but I l've been loving the show so far. Last night's "Feeling Good" sequence was amazing. Aubrey Plaza is killing it.

There was apparently a second promo for next weeks episode where they finally say who the Demon with the Yellow Eyes is. Cary says his name is
      Spoiler:  
    "Amahl Farouk, the Shadow King". Called it.
    No shoes, no brain, no service!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=852599 - Feedback Thread

Yep. When they first said the yellow eyes in the first episode, my first thought was Mystique (the X films would always identify her with the yellow eyes flashing), but once we saw the visual of him, he did look somewhat like the comic character that he will turn out to be (minus the hat).
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

The last episode was not that great, but the two before it were good. Hopefully they can get the show back on track. I'm curious if any of these other characters are in the comics? Does Jean Smart's character have any powers?
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Wow! I loved this episode. The 10 minutes of silent action was great. What I like the most about this show is it is finally something in the X-men universe that I don't know the basic story and they keep you guessing if you did. What time frame is this supposed to be? I thought the sixties base did on the way everyone is dressed and the atmosphere, but something David's sister says makes me think it is much more current. I won't be surprised if we find out everything has been in David's mind since the beginning, and this is the one case where that won't upset me. Then Season 2 can start fresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by brewser View Post
    Anyone else think this show has a Lost , dharma initiative feel to it?
    Definitely. "The Prisoner" comes to mind, as well.

Yeah, definitely better than last episode! But there were still a couple slow boring parts. I'm glad that he started putting things together in his own mind.
    The show does have a 60's vibe in most cases, but I think it is more current. Even if it isn't Though maybe not set in this year. Oliver has definitely got 60's motif going on, and possibly because he's been trapped since then. Some of the conversations make it seem he's been trapped a very long time, so it must be close to a current time frame.

I'm a bit curious what Melanie whispered in Cary's ear though. Something to the the fact they were trapped in someones mind?

I wonder if they will ever really expel the Shadow King from his mind, or just more securely trap him in it?
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder how much, if not everything, is in David's mind so far. Or if at least all his "friends" are in his mind, his X-team I mean. I think I could see them saying that he's basically alone but might even physically manifest these other parts of his personality. But I'm kind of thinking all the villains are real, like the burnt guy who shows up at the end of this episode.

I love everything about this show, I love how different it is, how weird it is but that it feels like it is still heading somewhere. I think its style/format will work well as short seasons if that's they way they continue to go with it.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast