Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRENCH TOUCH 2016 - The Definitive Guide to French vintage SW collectibles 1977-87

Exclamation FRENCH TOUCH 2016 - The Definitive Guide to French vintage SW collectibles 1977-87

Dear Collecting pals,

I am very pleased to announce the availability of my new book: 'La French Touch 2016: The Definitive Guide to French vintage Star Wars collectibles 1977-1987' (unofficial book)

It comes after 'Meccano to Trilogo' in 2006 (news + forum thread) and 'La French Touch' in 2013 (news + forum thread).

The book reviews the history and individual product photography of the entire range of French merchandise released from 1977 to 1987 some heretofore unreferenced or thought to exist only in myth, including as well the French MECCANO and European TRILOGO toys lines.

It also re-examines the response the original Star Wars movies received in France, through a wide selection of press and documentary references.

This edition is the MOST comprehensive and yet-complete book about vintage Star Wars collectibles from France, the outcome of years of research and collecting. It comes with a stunning new cover giving a glimpse of the products categories inside, and 30 additionnal pages (compared to the original 2013 edition) with amazing material.

Readers will enjoy the development of the merchandising and marketing associated with this world-famous license throughout 270 color pages and 1500+ stunning photographies.

It is available for order only through Amazon's CREATESPACE (prefered) at https://www.createspace.com/5746949 or main AMAZON website (link here).

stephane.

Here's the cover and some preview pages:

This looks fantastic Stephane! Well done!

I think I'm going to need to do another book review

looks great . ill be picking it up
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Quote Originally Posted by hellhippie View Post
    looks great . ill be picking it up
    Thanks , anyone who has questions, do not hesitate to ask or PM

stephane

If you're still hesitating, then it's time to go

AMAZON just set a 10% discount offer on the book

follow this link

Is this book completely different to the 2013 edition, or an expanded update?
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Hi Jediknight49

If you already have La French Touch original 2013 edition, you can notice some changes from the sample pages shown here.

The new edition has in overall 30 additional pages. They are composed of new items and reviews which have been added in the various chapters, totaling the 30 additional pages at the end. I also took that opportunity to enhance some page layouts (eg. the puzzle & board games page shown here) and use larger pictures for some very rare / iconic items (eg. the motta stickers and collectible poster shown here).

Some of the new items are just great to see like additional magazines, games, viewers, model kits, Ewoks 1st age.... but some are really amazing and iconic like french vintage toy shop windows pictures, rare ROTJ Meccano cards, Trilogo 3 pack, rare catalogs and retailer poster, just to name a few...

stephane

Hi Folks

Lucky those who already have the FRENCH TOUCH 2016 Definitive Edition, and those who will find it under the Christmas tree

For the others, it's still time to order your copy to get it on time before 2016

Stephane

I just ordered, I been meaning to get this and kept getting sidetracked. I am not interested in collecting these however I enjoy learning about the various product lines around the world that carried Star Wars, in this case the book helps us understand what was available in France and to me, this is something great to read about and learn. This will help quench my thirst and advance my knowledge so that I can help others in the future.

I also like being able to help out with my purchase and support the efforts of a collector from our community.

Finally, having books like this helps me in a collecting goal I have, which is having a nice star wars library, in hand. Yes, there are many things on the Net, available a click away, but its still nice to have hard copies and just pull the book off the shelf and look something up real quick without reaching for the phone or laptop.

happy sales Stephane!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast