Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight_Nunb View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed that the new theme parks take place on an entirely new planet they made up just for the park? My dream has always been to visit OT places like Mos Eisley/the cantina, Jabba's Palace, wander the halls of the Death Star, the Emperor's Throne Room etc. I have no interest in visiting a new world never seen in any movie. Sure we'll be able to check out the Falcon, X-wings, Tie Fighters etc, but I want to explore the classic movie locations!

    I was also hoping for a take on the classic trilogy as it's what made Star Wars a worldwide phenomenon, embedding itself into popular culture and giving way to everything else that has followed. I guess they wanted to be more inclusive and not have things based directly on any specific film, so they wouldn't look too bias. If given a chance to vote for what we wanted prior to the start of its construction, I certainly would have chosen some OT locations. But, it is what it is at this point. I still think it will be an awesome site despite not being OT-based, and a tremendous way to keep Star Wars alive for many years to come. I'll wait for the off season to come before going to visit it here in Florida. I'm sure for quite a while the crowds will be shoulder to shoulder trying to see it all.
    Last edited by LightSword; 02-08-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Quoting comment
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

    My Feedback


  2. #12
    One way to look at it, is they DIDN'T model it after a specific Sequel planet. They didn't make Maz's Castle, or Starkiller base. or anything TLJ. That would have felt really dated, and specific by the time it came out. without being OT, I think it is the best case scenario.

  3. #13
    I'm fine not basing anything on Tatooine/Mos Eisly. I mean it really wouldn't be a main hub of galactic trade anyways, more like a pitstop for these looking to stay off the radar. But for most people, that is Star Wars. So what specific planet do you do? Even Coruscant is relatively newish, and not so well known as Endor or even Hoth. My most important attraction is going to be the Falcon, as long as it 1:1 scale and i can walk around in it. Then some kind of themed ride.
    But for the adventure land aspect, some kind of Galactic Trader on an unknown world is fine, i guess. One can always visit those locales via CGI on the ride.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I'm fine not basing anything on Tatooine/Mos Eisly. I mean it really wouldn't be a main hub of galactic trade anyways, more like a pitstop for these looking to stay off the radar. But for most people, that is Star Wars. So what specific planet do you do? Even Coruscant is relatively newish, and not so well known as Endor or even Hoth. My most important attraction is going to be the Falcon, as long as it 1:1 scale and i can walk around in it. Then some kind of themed ride.
    But for the adventure land aspect, some kind of Galactic Trader on an unknown world is fine, i guess. One can always visit those locales via CGI on the ride.
    I think the GCi comment is a good point too. They can update rides, attractions, content digitally to show familiar worlds without having to commit to something for years/decades.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight_Nunb View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed that the new theme parks take place on an entirely new planet they made up just for the park? My dream has always been to visit OT places like Mos Eisley/the cantina, Jabba's Palace, wander the halls of the Death Star, the Emperor's Throne Room etc. I have no interest in visiting a new world never seen in any movie. Sure we'll be able to check out the Falcon, X-wings, Tie Fighters etc, but I want to explore the classic movie locations!
    i'm pissed that is just going to be one small section with only about 2 new rides and no room for an expansion.

    They should make an entire 5th park based on Star Wars alone. But Disney is incredibly stupid when it comes to the parks these past 10 years.

  6. #16
    Well using Star Trek experience in Las Vegas as a good comparision, Which did have a lot of "things fans wanted to see" including the bridge, DS9 bar & a few other things, ultimatly you could not spend any time on the bridge & the bar was just a bar with slot machines. In the end it was fun for 2 hours but just a ST museum.

    For Star Wars I would not expect to see any movie scenes without being on some kind of ride, so don't expect to spend a lot of time pilioting the MF. It will be fun but ultimatly a new planet in the Star Wars system is the way to go for design purposes as that allows the parks to design for the room that they have.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    i'm pissed that is just going to be one small section with only about 2 new rides and no room for an expansion.

    They should make an entire 5th park based on Star Wars alone. But Disney is incredibly stupid when it comes to the parks these past 10 years.
    I went from super excited about the announcement to puzzled by the choice of a "star wars" feel without the actual locations we've seen and then back to super excited. I agree that if they had a bunch of stuff based on the new trilogy I'd be super bummed. And some kids would be super bummed if they didn't see stuff from Disney's Star Wars. I'll likely look and see Tatooine influence here and Yavin influence there and a touch of Imperial goodness... while others will see Jedha or Jakku or Starkiller base.

    Yes, it would be a lot of fun to walk in to the Cantina or explore the Yavin Hangar or Jabba's Palace or any number of OT locations... but I changed my mind when I heard it explained as "You having your own adventure in the Star Wars universe." Walking into a Space Port and being able to find droids and aliens and stormtroopers just sounds like my imagination exploded in this place. I never had a cantina to play with as a kid. I used a box and a playskool house and whatever else was lying around.

    There are going to be a lot of 40 year old men walking around with tears in their eyes. I would have thought we'd see more rides as well, but rides are 2-4 minutes. I got a feeling this isn't going to be about rides for me. I'll be able to walk into my dreams.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007


    http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

  8. #18
    Maybe some men or women older than 40...

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    Well using Star Trek experience in Las Vegas as a good comparision, Which did have a lot of "things fans wanted to see" including the bridge, DS9 bar & a few other things, ultimatly you could not spend any time on the bridge & the bar was just a bar with slot machines. In the end it was fun for 2 hours but just a ST museum.
    As a verr big Fan, I can tell you how excited I was to finally go there. After years of saving. Only to be slightly underwhelmed by the overall experience.
    Granted, by the time I got there it was old news. And likely aged. lol
    That said, I still had fun but agree. ^

    I so hope that Star Wars Land is much more and I'm totally blown away. The cost being what it is with such a vacation, as opposed to simply going to Vegas.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •