Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Eight_Nunb View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed that the new theme parks take place on an entirely new planet they made up just for the park? My dream has always been to visit OT places like Mos Eisley/the cantina, Jabba's Palace, wander the halls of the Death Star, the Emperor's Throne Room etc. I have no interest in visiting a new world never seen in any movie. Sure we'll be able to check out the Falcon, X-wings, Tie Fighters etc, but I want to explore the classic movie locations!

I was also hoping for a take on the classic trilogy as it's what made Star Wars a worldwide phenomenon, embedding itself into popular culture and giving way to everything else that has followed. I guess they wanted to be more inclusive and not have things based directly on any specific film, so they wouldn't look too bias. If given a chance to vote for what we wanted prior to the start of its construction, I certainly would have chosen some OT locations. But, it is what it is at this point. I still think it will be an awesome site despite not being OT-based, and a tremendous way to keep Star Wars alive for many years to come. I'll wait for the off season to come before going to visit it here in Florida. I'm sure for quite a while the crowds will be shoulder to shoulder trying to see it all.
    Last edited by LightSword; 02-08-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Quoting comment
    Collecting: Surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experiences, but it instills a sense of vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

One way to look at it, is they DIDN'T model it after a specific Sequel planet. They didn't make Maz's Castle, or Starkiller base. or anything TLJ. That would have felt really dated, and specific by the time it came out. without being OT, I think it is the best case scenario.

I'm fine not basing anything on Tatooine/Mos Eisly. I mean it really wouldn't be a main hub of galactic trade anyways, more like a pitstop for these looking to stay off the radar. But for most people, that is Star Wars. So what specific planet do you do? Even Coruscant is relatively newish, and not so well known as Endor or even Hoth. My most important attraction is going to be the Falcon, as long as it 1:1 scale and i can walk around in it. Then some kind of themed ride.
    But for the adventure land aspect, some kind of Galactic Trader on an unknown world is fine, i guess. One can always visit those locales via CGI on the ride.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I'm fine not basing anything on Tatooine/Mos Eisly. I mean it really wouldn't be a main hub of galactic trade anyways, more like a pitstop for these looking to stay off the radar. But for most people, that is Star Wars. So what specific planet do you do? Even Coruscant is relatively newish, and not so well known as Endor or even Hoth. My most important attraction is going to be the Falcon, as long as it 1:1 scale and i can walk around in it. Then some kind of themed ride.
    But for the adventure land aspect, some kind of Galactic Trader on an unknown world is fine, i guess. One can always visit those locales via CGI on the ride.
    I think the GCi comment is a good point too. They can update rides, attractions, content digitally to show familiar worlds without having to commit to something for years/decades.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12