Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoth Rescue Playpack Contents - What came in a Baggie??

Hoth Rescue Playpack Contents - What came in a Baggie??

Hello All,

I'm looking for assistance with the contents in the Hoth Rescue Playpack (Wampa, Tauntaun, Han Hoth and Luke Hoth).

1) Were the figures (Han and Luke) in separate baggies or one baggie with both figures? If individually, was it a particular baggie type?

2) Were the Wampa and Tauntaun in baggies?

3) Was there a specific Trilogo poster included with this set?

I have seen pictures of the figures bagged individually, as well as together. I have also seen a picture of the beasts in baggies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
    Gerry

1. Separate, at least in my box.
    2. No
    3. I don't know.

Cj
    WTB: Palitoy ESB Han Hoth, PBP Han Hoth (ESB & ROTJ)
    WTS: Rocket Firing Fett Missile. L and J slot available

Vintage Toy Archive: http://www.12back.com

Playpacks | Trilogo.info

Hoth Rescue Playpack Contents List:

• Cardboard insert
    • 2 X Bagged figures (Luke Hoth & Han Hoth)
    • Bagged Wampa
    • Bagged Tauntaun
    • Instructions

-VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

I saw Gerry's question over on the GDE group today where there was a bit more discussion about the Hoth Rescue contents.

The true contents of the POTF Playpacks has always been a bit of a mystery to collectors because there seems to be a never ending amount of variations involved! On the FB thread for example there was a picture posted of a Hoth Rescue Playpack that contained a bagged Han that had black text on it and a Luke with blue text..which doesn't gel with this picture (or the one above from my site):

This one shows Han in the blue text baggie and Luke is in what appears to be a plain baggie and neither creature is bagged..

There are loads of different (but legit) bagged figure variations found throughout Europe too which doesn't help as these could have essentially been assembled with any number of bagged combinations.

I'm trying to verify the origin of the one pictured on trilogo.info just to confirm again if all baggies are 100% original, as far as I can recall the owner was sure it was at the time but it won't hurt to double check with him.

It's obviously not common to see a bagged Wampa or Tauntaun but if you imagine them being shipped in baggies like the figures were (or even Jabba) then it's not an impossibility that some of them turned up still bagged in these playpacks.

Hopefully I'll have an answer (and maybe some more pictures) about the one that features fully bagged contents soon.

(Oh and PS: This poster is usually included: http://www.echobase.nu/bilder/trilogo_poster.jpg )
    Last edited by Joe_O; 01-30-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Thanks for the help, guys. It is great to see the creatures in baggies, as I have never seen that before. It appears as though these playsets were pieced together with "what was available" causing several internal content variations. Cool stuff!

Is anyone else not liking the above photo? To me, it looks like its been rather messed around with in photoshop. Because it's been doctored it's hard to tell but if the Wampa and Tauntaun are in baggies then it also appears that the Tauntauns reins and saddle are also in separate baggies?! Not sure about this...
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION...of little figures July 2016 UPDATE! Vintage Price Guide
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai_Tree_Ent View Post
    Is anyone else not liking the above photo? To me, it looks like its been rather messed around with in photoshop. Because it's been doctored it's hard to tell but if the Wampa and Tauntaun are in baggies then it also appears that the Tauntauns reins and saddle are also in separate baggies?! Not sure about this...
    Tell that to Joe, that's his website , here is another example from Lars' personal collection :

Hoth Rescue Complete Playpack.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post
    Tell that to Joe, that's his website , here is another example from Lars' personal collection :

Hoth Rescue Complete Playpack.
    Ha! Sorry to pick apart your piccie Joe! That one above is much clearer - it is cool to see the reins and saddles in their own little baggies!
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION...of little figures July 2016 UPDATE! Vintage Price Guide
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Lol, sorry for any confusion. The pictures were indeed all photoshopped but it was only so they all had white backgrounds (in order for them to all be uniform). They were also scaled down a little due to the page size so they aren't the clearest.

I will see if I can get some more information on the individual bagged contents asap. Ideally I want to show the most commonly found contents on the site as it's meant to be a reference for collectors but these playpacks throw up so many variables it has always been rather difficult to prove what the "norm" was on most of them.

I doubt anyone is interested in opening up a sealed one for the sake of the community? No? Thought not
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

The Tauntaun in a baggie is a really great looking piece. I would LOVE to see a Wampa in a baggie, if anyone would care to share......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast