Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 341 to 345 of 345

Thread: Hangars and Mash, my one panel comics

  1. #341
    High Admiral Sizzzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orange County, New York

    Holy cow, is it time again?
    I forgot to comment on last week. In the first one, I didn't recognize the character as being the Flash, so 'hot Flashes' took me until the next one to know they were the Flash... and I don't know if I agree about 'hot'...
    Then Bloody Knuckles with Thanos is great! Thanos' hand is still in a fist, and up higher, and with the tilt of his head, it is like he is moving slowly, he is very tentative about the whole thing. Meanwhile, the Flash's hand is already out, extended fully and level, and the way he is looking at his hand is like he's locked in on the game's starting position. Like he is thinking, "Come on, come on, come on already, let's go, go, go!"

    Then this week, Chosen Poorly with Kirk, this is really good. There's something greater than just what it is. You often mix all genres so there's nothing new there. But try looking at it as simply a space scene. Kirk is making moves on Yarna, and anyone 'in universe' might think he's making a bad choice. However we the viewer are looking at this as a cartoon, we are not 'in universe,' but we may just as well think it was a bad choice. But in our world of memes, we could probably recall that famous line from the Last Crusade, the guard saying, "He chose poorly."
    So if you look at Kirk first, that scene with the guard comes to mind. Then if you look to the right, it is almost like he materializes into the scene to create a living meme 'in universe.' Because the other three are from a space universe, and you can go with it and blend them into a joint universe. But he is the odd man out. Star Trek is our future, Star Wars is a long time ago, but both are developed into space travel with technology. He is from a much less developed age, and that exact character is specifically known for basically what transpires around delivering that line. So he stands out from the rest, yet is the perfect character to deliver the punch line.
    I might almost post it as two panels. First we laugh at Kirk making the moves on Yarna, and develop our own thoughts. Then in the second panel of Luke and the guard, we see the perfect character deliver the punch line.

    Human Cyborg relations is good, but almost has me thinking along the lines of that riddle, something about I have two coins that total 30 cents, and one isn't a quarter. The answer is a nickel and a quarter. When someone says one wasn't supposed to be a quarter, you say yes, the nickel is the one that wasn't a quarter.
    Anyway, I was thinking of 3PO talking to two beings, you aren't a human, you aren't a cyborg, where one or even both could be exactly those, except they are the opposite of the order 3PO says them. What helps deliver the punch is what characters you might choose, how odd a pairing it might be, and the fact that 3PO is being difficult and a jerk to one or both by double talking his way out of helping them.
    Because in the original I had to think a second about who he was talking to, in what order, and I'm still not sure. Greedo is neither a human nor a cyborg. Yet this Terminator is not a cyborg because he's just a robot with no living parts or flesh 'coverings', and just putting on a dress doesn't make him a human. Unless he's got flesh under the dress, in which case you are really adding in the layers of depth to your jokes.

    And the 'chosen poorly' joke is revisited with the tattoo, still comical, but lesser than the Kirk version, in my eyes.

    Your creativity continues to thrive.
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

  2. #342
    Grand Moff Utinniii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada; less Hothy than people think!

    You need to make one of Kirk hitting on young Crusher with the knight saying "You have chosen Wesley!"
    (TBBT did it first though).

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post

    Then this week, Chosen Poorly with Kirk, ... But in our world of memes, we could probably recall that famous line from the Last Crusade, the guard saying, "He chose poorly."

    Yeah, I'm sure there is a meme of this character doing something like this that people can post/send in times of dire need. I hadn't thought of that when I came up with the image. I don't pay too much attention to memes these days. I think what I do is a little better - i have to, my ego won't allow another option. However, having said that, I do know that not every idea I have is unique to me. I'm surprised I've gone as long as I have without somebody saying, "So-and-so already did this, you hack!" Ok, having gone as long as I have without hearing that phrase too often.

    You also forgot to mention that Kirk is quoting Ash Williams, using the most powerful line of seduction known to man!


    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post

    I might almost post it as two panels. First we laugh at Kirk making the moves on Yarna, and develop our own thoughts. Then in the second panel of Luke and the guard, we see the perfect character deliver the punch line.

    Yeah, that could work as a 2-3 panel strip, probably better than what I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post

    And the 'chosen poorly' joke is revisited with the tattoo, still comical, but lesser than the Kirk version, in my eyes.
    Oh, you'll not be happy in coming weeks. He keeps popping up like a scratched record. (spoiler)Then, eventually, he joins up with a group of literal trolls and starts running amok. (spoiler)

  4. #344
    High Admiral Sizzzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orange County, New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_****ensian View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure there is a meme of this character doing something like this that people can post/send in times of dire need. I hadn't thought of that when I came up with the image. I don't pay too much attention to memes these days. I think what I do is a little better - i have to, my ego won't allow another option. However, having said that, I do know that not every idea I have is unique to me. I'm surprised I've gone as long as I have without somebody saying, "So-and-so already did this, you hack!" Ok, having gone as long as I have without hearing that phrase too often.

    You also forgot to mention that Kirk is quoting Ash Williams, using the most powerful line of seduction known to man!
    Yeah, that could work as a 2-3 panel strip, probably better than what I did.

    Oh, you'll not be happy in coming weeks. He keeps popping up like a scratched record. (spoiler)Then, eventually, he joins up with a group of literal trolls and starts running amok. (spoiler)
    Oh, I hate the whole meme culture. I think it is lazy and contributing to the breaking down of language and conversation.
    I have seen one or two that I thought were great, but I don't look at conversation to find little examples from elsewhere to plug in instead of expressing myself.
    And I won't be the one to notice much if you copy an idea because I don't follow satire or memes or the like.

    I didn't pick up on the quote initially. I laughed and then went on to the whole guard thing. You could do a follow up, Luke and the guard walking down a hotel hall past a door with a room number (maybe the number is a joke too like an Enterprise designation) and from inside you hear, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" and maybe the guard says it again. Then maybe a third scene of Kirk sneaking out of the room, with Yarna saying something from inside, and Kirk says back, "That's what we call pillow talk, baby." And the guard and Luke are now walking by again, but going back in the other direction from before, and the guard says, "He chose..." and Luke doesn't let him finish as he yells, 'SHUTUP already!!!"
    Last edited by Sizzzler; 04-27-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post
    You could do a follow up, Luke and the guard walking down a hotel hall past a door with a room number (maybe the number is a joke too like an Enterprise designation) and from inside you hear, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" and maybe the guard says it again. Then maybe a third scene of Kirk sneaking out of the room, with Yarna saying something from inside, and Kirk says back, "That's what we call pillow talk, baby." And the guard and Luke are now walking by again, but going back in the other direction from before, and the guard says, "He chose..." and Luke doesn't let him finish as he yells, 'SHUTUP already!!!"

    And to think you once said you weren't the creative type.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •