Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

Mine arrived from amazon today. The outer box has a divot/tear in it. I’m planning on building it, so I’m not too concerned and not interested in repacking it and returning it. Thoughts?
    Last edited by JGerardi; 03-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Damaged box question UCS Falcon

Just got the Falcon on Amazon. It arrived today and the outer box has a tear and hole in it.
    i am planning on building it and displaying it. It is such a pain to ship it back due to its size.
    if for some reason years from now I decided to disassemble blue and sell it, how big a deal is a damaged box? I honestly only save about half the boxes on sets I have anyway.
    thoughts?

Unless you're adamant about having the box in perfect condition, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you bought a set that was marked as new you could consider asking for compensation, but that might mean sending the set back. If you bought a damaged stock one you're out of luck. Either way you'll ultimately come to accept the blemish .
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

Honestly, It doesn't really matter. As long as it's not ripped to shreds you'll be fine. Even boxless used sets will sell fine after EOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JGerardi View Post
    Just got the Falcon on Amazon. It arrived today and the outer box has a tear and hole in it.
    i am planning on building it and displaying it. It is such a pain to ship it back due to its size.
    if for some reason years from now I decided to disassemble blue and sell it, how big a deal is a damaged box? I honestly only save about half the boxes on sets I have anyway.
    thoughts?
    I think it's a big deal. It will make all the difference when your selling it as well even if years from now. This is the best position you can be in to do a return and get a nice one. If you wait you won't be able to make a return. It's on them not you. It came smashed you didn't order that and want another one. It makes since on an almost $900.00 item that the box should be as good as it can be. Good Luck,
    Last edited by DarthMickeyMoose; 03-14-2018 at 02:12 AM.

It's finally here!

But sadly, it's probably going to stay boxed for awhile. I just don't have the space to work on it, much less display it. We're in the middle of trying to sell our house so this is all I can really do with it now.
    Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!
    He was a zombie?

I've saved up Holiday and Birthday money to pay for half of this, but I've been waiting for double VIP points to come along before I go in. I'm wondering now if I should wait, or get it when I can? It seems to be coming out in trickles. If I go to the store and they don't have one in stock, will they order one for me?
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Last November most US brand stores operated a waiting list, and it worked quite smoothly. Whether they are still running it now? You'll have to ask.

There will be double VIP points during the MTFBWY event in May.
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

I'm in the same situation. My advice? Be patient.

Eventually, Lego will produce enough inventory to constantly have the Falcon on hand.

Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast