Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: UCS Millennium Falcon QUESTION

Lieutenant Commander Red5StandingBy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    as long as there is the option to build the falcon from different movies, I am definitely buying this set. I consider TFA to be the worst star wars movie of all time, that's why I don't want to pay a single penny to a TFA falcon...
    Only reason I skipped out on TFA Falcon was I'd be waiting on something like this. I want ALL eras. Give me those extra figs!

Also, I hate to go off topic, and everyone has their own opinions, but I need to ask one question. Is Jar Jar stepping in Bantha poop and going "icky!" really more intelligent filmaking than following the plot points of what came before it? Fistful of Dollars is a rip-off of 'Yojimbo' but it's still a great western.
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

The video says October 1st, but I just got a flyer in the mail telling us to visit the site or go to the store on September 1st to see the biggest set ever. I hope this doesn't mean it's going on sale on 9/1, because most of us will be at other stores shopping at midnight. Hopefully 9/1 is the announcement (as previously stated) and 10/1 is the onsale date.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_solo View Post
    The video says October 1st, but I just got a flyer in the mail telling us to visit the site or go to the store on September 1st to see the biggest set ever. I hope this doesn't mean it's going on sale on 9/1, because most of us will be at other stores shopping at midnight. Hopefully 9/1 is the announcement (as previously stated) and 10/1 is the onsale date.
    October 1st is the set release date, although history has shown that VIP's will get a chance to buy as early as 15 September. 1 September is the official unveiling of the set.
    Lego ISD "Avenger"
    "Don't under estimate the power of the Dark Side"

Quote Originally Posted by ISDAvenger View Post
    October 1st is the set release date, although history has shown that VIP's will get a chance to buy as early as 15 September. 1 September is the official unveiling of the set.
    That's what I figured. The wording on the flyer was misleading. My guess is, they'll have a finished model of it at the stores. I'm a VIP member, so as long as it's not midnight Force Friday, I should have a chance to order one before it sells out, I'd think.

....of course, if the price is more than $500 as has been rumored, I simply won't be able to afford it. And I'd go so far as to say most people who have also been waiting for this will be in the same boat for the same reason, should that be the case.
    Last edited by bob_solo; 08-17-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Rumors have it being as high as $800 USD. It definitely won't come cheap!

Still, a lot cheaper than buying 10179. And I'm guessing the model will be superior to 10179 as well.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

after the initial hype cools down I am sure this set will come down to as low as $500.. same thing had happened with 10179.. I remember people buying it as low as $350
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    after the initial hype cools down I am sure this set will come down to as low as $500.. same thing had happened with 10179.. I remember people buying it as low as $350
    I do feel that there will be discounts on this set after its initial release. 20% and maybe even as much as 30% if you're patient. This set will be around a long time. With Star Wars Land opening in Disneyland in 2019 and the upcoming Han Solo movie, I think this thing will be in production for a while.
    Last edited by oneknightr; 08-18-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post
    I do feel that there will be discounts on this set after its initial release. 20% and maybe even as much as 30% if you're patient. This set will be around a long time. With Star Wars Land opening in Disneyland in 2019 and the upcoming Han Solo movie, I think this thing will be in production for a while.
    It seems at one point or another every set gets a discount. I will be holding out hope the Falcon will as well and unload some VIP Points at the same time.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: General Grievous, Destroyer Droid, Han (Bespin), Leia (Hoth or Endor), Obi-Wan (TPM), X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku

High Admiral

Piece count now confirmed by Lego at 7541. Sweet mother of...!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617