Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

I have been watching the UCS MF auctions on ebay since forever and the prices don't seem to calm down at all.. I was wondering has anyone heard any rumors regarding a possible ROTJ re-release in the near future?
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    I have been watching the UCS MF auctions on ebay since forever and the prices don't seem to calm down at all.. I was wondering has anyone heard any rumors regarding a possible ROTJ re-release in the near future?

There always seems to be something out there, but are those hopeful people, people that are hoping that mis information will drive the price down or legit sources?

I think 1, 2, and 3 in that order

I think Lego may be a bit more gun shy of those 5000 piece sets. The falcon is so expensive now because it was too expensive for people to buy.
    If they re-released another version, it would likely be smaller, more people would hoard it and thus the original will still be the valuable one to own.

Since there are people that will buy new and open it, it makes sense that the number of sealed copies will go down constantly.
    There are only so many of the rare pieces out there, so there's an upper limit on the # of legit falcons that are possible.
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.

I have to agree with Killerbee on this one. There are always unsubstantiated rumors out there of a new Falcon, but I honestly don't think Lego will release a set that large anytime soon.

I don't own the set and I am not interested in buying the old one or a re-release (I'm fine with the 7965) but I REALLY hope Lego will rerelease this set.

-It gives people who can't afford the scalper prices a chance to get one
    -Scalpers are ****** since they can't ask outrageous prices anymore
    Visit my site (with over 130 unique interviews I've had with Star Wars cast & crew members)!
    Star Wars Interviews - 'Mem-Wars' from a galaxy far, far away...
    ...and StarWarsAwakens.nl: the Dutch Star Wars community!

We will definitely get a new falcon set with Eo 7 release...whether it is UCS or not we will see. It might not be the falcon you are used to. I'm sure others have heard about some of the differences. Like the square radar dish.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinWhiteDuke View Post
    I don't own the set and I am not interested in buying the old one or a re-release (I'm fine with the 7965) but I REALLY hope Lego will rerelease this set.

-It gives people who can't afford the scalper prices a chance to get one
    -Scalpers are ****** since they can't ask outrageous prices anymore
    How can one be a scalper if the item is no longer being produced or released? It seems like anyone in the collector aftermarket is a scalper?
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Quote Originally Posted by ThorOakenfelder View Post
    How can one be a scalper if the item is no longer being produced or released? It seems like anyone in the collector aftermarket is a scalper?
    Agreed totally.

If someone had 10 of these sets, and in an effort not to be a scalper, just listed them for what they paid for them, someone would buy all 10 and then sell them for 8x the money that do actually sell for.

When people (here at least) talk about scalpers, they talk about people buying out things at retail to create a void that people can't get things that are normally available.

If someone chooses to buy and hold something till retirement and beyond, it gives someone the CHOICE to buy it where they normally wouldn't be able to.
    Furthermore, if there wasn't something in it for the reseller, no one would do it.

Think of the aftermarket like a time machine, it lets you go back and make a decision (or different decision) that you didn't do in the past... at a price.

Since it's a choice, it's actually win-win.

You can buy a falcon for $3000 or you can just build a time machine and buy one for $500: which option is cheaper?

I only call current or recently released product resellers scalpers. It tends to not be an issue with LEGO, though, as there is readily available stock practically everywhere. They do create this problem with the Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas sets with their very odd limited release quantities, though. Really hope they will get more Research Institute sets out so I can get one for my daughter.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iambob13 View Post
    I only call current or recently released product resellers scalpers. It tends to not be an issue with LEGO, though, as there is readily available stock practically everywhere. They do create this problem with the Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas sets with their very odd limited release quantities, though. Really hope they will get more Research Institute sets out so I can get one for my daughter.
    Exactly, I saw someone on Bricklink with Research Institute gleefully advertising for a 150% profit and calling it a deal.
    He grabbed 30 from his Lego store (some how) and thus robbed 29 other people of getting one.

That's a scalper.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Exactly, I saw someone on Bricklink with Research Institute gleefully advertising for a 150% profit and calling it a deal.
    He grabbed 30 from his Lego store (some how) and thus robbed 29 other people of getting one.

That's a scalper.
    Yep. Convention resellers, too.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast