Page 1 of 813 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens Toys - General Discussion Thread

The Force Awakens Toys - General Discussion Thread

Still awhile off but what's everyone hoping Hasbro does with the Episode 7 toy line?

Figure wise - Super articulated? 5POA? Action Features?

Cardbacks - Vintage like packaging with a large character image? Some weird trooper helmet type packaging similar to the Legacy, CW and the 2nd Black Series style packaging?

As pointed out on Yakface last week, Hasbro has started on EP7 products or at least in the planning stages atm.

Post your general thoughts here on The Force Awakens toys?

Well, that's really difficult to say. Considering we have no idea what anything looks like, character wise. We already know that older versions of the main cast have to be a given. Which if SA, I'd be down for an older Luke and Han. I tried making one with the old Indy head, but it's not the best likeness. So I'm hoping they'll do better for EP7! If they're 5POA, I'll pass.

As for cardbacks, they should probably be movie themed. But I think TVC should be brought back for a subline of niche characters, that don't necessarily appear in EP7. Basically used for repacks of previous figures, ala SL from 2007ish.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I bet those who bought the BMF are feeling pretty happy about that right now.
    I have 320 figures. Someone please stop me! <-- No one stopped me.
    I am a ridiculous, amateurish, silly Star Wars collector. If you don't believe me,
    read my comic: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1088712/
    or view my limelighting thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1087657/

Fingers crossed we'll get some nice 3 inch figures, vehicles/creatures, and 6 inch Black Series figures

I loved the Force Awakens teaser, but now I'm worried that I'll want more of the Episode 7 figures than I initially thought....Those new stormtroopers are amazing, and I also want the character with the new lightsaber (with the little blades at the hilt)...

And just think you haven't even seen Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie and the droids (Well C-3PO as pictures are around of R2) yet, once you pick up the returning characters you'll probably pick up many new offerings that are coming as well :p

So far, i haven't seen anything to compel me to buy figures. The new Stormtrooper is probably a given. But everything else in that teaser doesn't scream figure material to me.
    Well, maybe the X-Wing Pilot. At least he's not all Orange. lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    And just think you haven't even seen Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie and the droids (Well C-3PO as pictures are around of R2) yet, once you pick up the returning characters you'll probably pick up many new offerings that are coming as well :p
    Yes, when Episode 7 was announced two years ago I told myself I would not collect these figures at all when they came out, since I wanted to make a clean break re: collecting prior to their release. However, now I've gone from saying I won't get any to saying I'll probably get some...hopefully I won't want all of them...

I'm looking forward to seeing what the packaging's going to look like. Will their millennium Falcon have any new features or will it be the same as the old one but with the rectangular dish?

Page 1 of 813 1231151101501 ... LastLast