Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Obi-Wan Kenobi - San Diego Comic-Con 2016

Old Obi-Wan Kenobi - San Diego Comic-Con 2016

Here's a look at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con Obi-Wan Kenobi 6" figure:

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-Inch Obi-Wan Kenobi Pack
    (Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)
    Recreate the noble journey of the great Jedi Master with the highly collectible Obi-Wan Kenobi Pack. Featuring authentic, movie-accurate detail, this elite 6-inch scale Obi-Wan Kenobi figure comes equipped with Jedi robe, 2 lightsabers, an electronic light-up table, and Princess Leia hologram delivering a vital message. Includes 1 figure with multiple points of articulation and 5 accessories. The STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-Inch Obi-Wan Kenobi Pack will be for sale at San Diego Comic-Con 2016. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com. Canadian fans can also purchase the figure set during Fan Expo Canada in September.

Thoughts on this release? Who's going to be picking this one up?

Hopefully its the OT version since its the most iconic of the three options and we already have a prequel Obi-Wan available. Although I would like to see TPM and AOTC versions eventually.

It's the TESB version. A slightly altered ROTJ version will apear later.

Quote Originally Posted by IncomT65 View Post
    It's the TESB version. A slightly altered ROTJ version will apear later.

Does that mean it is a ghost figure? Translucent and all that?

I really hope this ANH Kenobi!

I'm also hopeful for ANH Kenobi, and want to see an Old Ben before they round out the prequel versions. I also
    hope he has a quality soft goods robe and Hasbro doesn't cheap out and exclude it.

Ill be be a very happy camper if we get Old Ben sooner rather than later. I haven't bought an Obi Wan since Legacy 09, so I'm ready!

I don't expect to see a robe on him, but this is THE figure for me. Assuming he is ANH, and he comes out well, he'd be the absolute apex of my figure collecting experience.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

Unpopular opinion here but I actually hope its the TPM version.
    Shot down, crash in the cold
    My hands hold tight and let go

If they don't include the robe, he'll basically be "Hanging out in the hovel or on the Falcon Obi-Wan", but man... I'd still buy it.
    "You will bring Captain Solo and the wookiee to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    If they don't include the robe, he'll basically be "Hanging out in the hovel or on the Falcon Obi-Wan", but man... I'd still buy it.
    It would be great if he came packed with a little pipe.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast