Page 906 of 906 FirstFirst ... 406806856896904905906
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 9060

Thread: Other 6" Star Wars Lines

That Hasbro Rey looks impressive for sure. Not enough for me to go back to collecting BS, though.

Even I was pretty impressed by the new TBS TLJ Rey. But I sold my TFA ones and don't really want to go back to that. I've mostly stopped collecting Black Series for a while now. Just a few this year so far. Articulation on a Figuarts version or Mafex will be much better. I hope there's a Figuarts TLJ Rey being made, in addition to the Resistance Rey.

Yeah, the new Rey looks better paint wise. Doing the SH Figuarts printing is a great idea.

But an even better idea would be to figure out how to get rid of the ugly looking knee bolts and redesign the arms to a) bend beyond 90 degrees and b) hold lightsabers in front of them.

Finally, Hasbro has a history of going from "hero to zero". First wave of Black Series was excellent. By the third wave we had Obi-Wan Kenobi with Submariner eyebrows.

Hasbro has a long way to go to get back my trust and money as a regular customer.

I agree that they need to redesign these joints so that they're functional and not an eyesore. The ML style joints work on those figures because they're wearing skin tight outfits, and have natural spots where articulation can be hidden, but it just doesn't work for the Star Wars figures, because they're often wearing baggy clothes.

The head sculpts were never bad (save Leia v1) IMO. Just badly painted. There are numerous examples of people custom painting them that look phenomenal. The real issue is the restrictive articulation. That Resistance Rey looks like the arms will still not bend past 90 degrees. If they are going to improve the BS line, they need to at least address articulation to a certain extent. It's a step in the right direction at least but this does not affect SHF at this point. Plus as pointed out, difference between prototype vs production version is yet to be determined. Hasbro doesn't have the best reputation with execution.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Latest news from SDCC is that the end of the year will see the release of three Movie Realization figures: Jango, Maul and a Shadow Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Latest news from SDCC is that the end of the year will see the release of three Movie Realization figures: Jango, Maul and a Shadow Trooper.
    Excited for Maul and even the Shadow Trooper, but I can't really get excited for Jango for some reason. Maybe b/c it's just a simple repaint with seemingly less accessories. Seeing how the Figuarts Jango floundered, wondered if this will too and be heavily discounted.

The last few figures were exclusives. Im expecting some of these will, too. If I were to get Jango it would be the sdcc version. Looked great paired with the emperor's guards.

I need Padme but I'm hoping the price will drop. Most of the SHF figures I have could have been gotten cheaper if I had waited.
    Don't become dependent on others for your own happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnutt View Post
    I need Padme but I'm hoping the price will drop. Most of the SHF figures I have could have been gotten cheaper if I had waited.
    most admirable, but the price will never drop if people keep buying her for these ridiculous prices. the fact that tgere seem to be new collectors every day doesn't help much, either.

Page 906 of 906 FirstFirst ... 406806856896904905906