Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: porkinsred6 - first packaging focus (UPDATE Nov 2015)

porkinsred6 - first packaging focus (UPDATE Nov 2015)

Hi All,

I'm a new member to RS but a long time collector. I thought I would share with you some pics of my first packaging focus. Most of it is AFA graded and everything that is is either AFA 85 or 90. I'm lucky to have picked most of this stuff up in the late 90's early 2000's when it was much cheaper than it is today.

Here are my 2 Early bird certificates - one opened, one still sealed.

First the sealed one :

It would be boring to show the opened one too, so here's a pic of the stand that was inside:

Early bird with DT Luke that was received from the open certificate:

My 12-backs + Boba, yoda, emperor and ackbar

And finally the Action Display Stand mailer

Update Oct 29 2014

I see other people's limelight have a nice close up views of their MOCs all in a row so I tried to do that as well.

I swapped out Ackbar for Lando

Here are some new additions to my collection:

Boba fett mailer with a really nice box. Baggie is SW-D and a large catalog.

I also have this pair of die cast vehicles.
    X-Wing Series I and Vader's TIE Series II which are both first packaging.
    I normally don't get yellow bubbles but you'll notice that these two figures have the same store's price tag and clearance stickers with the same retailer's reference ID so they have been together all these years. I couldn't split them up.

Finally, I started to get some loose figures for my kids to play with one day. They aren't mint but they are complete with non-repo accessories.

Update Nov 2015

It's been a year since my last update. I got the sealed EB certificate and EB display stand graded and also picked up a nice 12 back display header. Here are all my sealed 12 back related figures plus Boba all together in one group picture

Enjoy!
    Last edited by porkinsred6; 11-29-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Updated pictures

There is so much magic in these early things, so much style still influencing my taste of star wars packaging today.
    Thank you for sharing and keep posting.

Sweet run there man.

Grant.
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Thanks for the kind words and likes.

Before Ep 7 comes out I was thinking of trying to save up and buy 1 expensive figure to fill out my collection. I will probably only be able to afford one. Which figure should I try to get: VC Jawa, Anakin or Yak Face? I was leaning more towards VCJ especially since 99% of the POTF figure's bubbles have already yellowed.

Would any of those figures in particular make this set "better" than the others?

Awesome collection! It seems you have mostly very early releases and 12 backs, so I think the VC jawa would fit best in your focus. But then again, it's all up to you, which item you like. I have a real soft spot for Anakin POTF myself.

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words and likes.

Before Ep 7 comes out I was thinking of trying to save up and buy 1 expensive figure to fill out my collection. I will probably only be able to afford one. Which figure should I try to get: VC Jawa, Anakin or Yak Face? I was leaning more towards VCJ especially since 99% of the POTF figure's bubbles have already yellowed.

Would any of those figures in particular make this set "better" than the others?
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

Very nice collection of early pieces. Clean and uncluttered display. Thanks for posting. Welcome to RS.

VCJ would go best in your set IMO.
    Last edited by greedodidntshoot; 07-13-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    -Gary

Looking for ESB era First Shots - I have great trade items.

Welcome to RS. Very nice stuff you have there, everything is displayed beautifully! I absolutely love your action display stand!!
    Last edited by Kenner76; 07-14-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,textured cape Leia, and any Revenge proofs. I'm also currently looking for Original Leia proofs. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Nice thanks for the sharing your Vintage SW treasures porkinsred6!
    Chancellor_Peter's Feedback Thread

Founding Member : 501st MALAYSIA - BRUNEI OUTPOST, now known as the 501st Legion Malaysia Outpost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast