Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,206 of 1206

Thread: "Rogue One" - December 16, 2016

I meant from their perspective. (and I was being funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I meant from their perspective. (and I was being funny)
    No you weren't.

Rogue One comic adaptation (issue 1 just released) has an afterword by Gareth Edwards in which he claims there will be "cut scenes" in the comic, claiming the film could have been 5 hours long! So far there has been one I can detect in which we see Galen meet with Bodhi Rook on Eadu.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

I'm wondering if there was anything even written as an alternate script for the main characters to have survived, director mentioned not knowing if Disney would allow them to all be killed off. be interesting to have seen or heard mention in the extras for the dvd/blu-ray
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

I'm still confused at all this "if Disney allows" stuff. has anyone watched any panels from celebration? or the bonus dvd video material? Lucasfilm STILL makes all the SW films. I see no trace of Disney in any film credits, remember the panic when fans thought they'd see a castle in the opening credits?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-25-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    I'm still confused at all this "if Disney allows" stuff. has anyone watched any panels from celebration? or the bonus dvd video material? Lucasfilm STILL makes all the SW films. I see no trace of Disney in any film credits, remember the panic when fans thought they'd see a castle in the opening credits?
    I was all for the Castle being in the opening credits.

I don't know how it all works behind the scenes but I'd imagine Disney have some say it all.

Quote Originally Posted by REBELPURGE View Post
    I'm wondering if there was anything even written as an alternate script for the main characters to have survived, director mentioned not knowing if Disney would allow them to all be killed off. be interesting to have seen or heard mention in the extras for the dvd/blu-ray
    Disney has no problem with death in their movies, but prefer a happy ending. I don't know how say Disney has in it all, but from the outset, all involved agreed that this was going to be a different kind of Star Wars movie so Iger and others would have been aware o the progress of the story.

The Making of on the home release doesn't get that in-depth. The Art of book shows the team was original envisioned with a couple of aliens. Nothing in either source reveals whether they were all intended to die from the start of the project.

There is a rumour that one of the drafts of the screenplay had team member being killed by Vader himself.

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121