Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1202

Thread: "Rogue One" - December 16, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by greedo737 View Post
    To keep Vader's reveal a surprise?
    I thought of that but a surprise to who?

The planet seemed instantly recognisable as Mustafar. How many people who wouldn't have recognised the world would have known the name?

Plus, Vader features very promenantly on the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by REBELPURGE View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a dreadnaught, could be wrong tho
    Do you mean the dreadnoughts from the Thrawn trilogy? Weren't they supposed to be massive?

so after watching a couple times, not sure why it didn't occur to me sooner, if Raddus and fleet had not shown up it seems that the Rogues would've gotten the job done and at least the main cast may have survived. shield may never have gone up and possibly the crew could've been able to stow away aboard another ship.
    The shield was not permanently open. It would have been closed at some point, and there is no way the Imperials would let a ship out without checking it throughly.

Rogue One's only way out once the battle on the beach started would have been to blast their way out and they stood no chance against those StarDestroyers at the gate. They pretty much went in their without an escape plan. Realising they were trapped was pretty much Jyn and Cassian just accepting that.

Plus, sooner or later a commander on one of those Star Destroyers was going to find out about the fighting on the surface and inform Tarkin. And I'm sure Krennic would have ordered the shield gate closed

The fleet attacking simply brought Tarkin sooner. Also, he team on the beach were done for against the walkers until Blue Squadron showed up.

So Raddus did save the day.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-21-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Tarkin mentions he first suggested the idea of the weapon to Palpatine "years ago." He believes in the idea of the Death Star, since it was his idea; the thing he's doubtful of is Krennic's ability to get the thing finished.
    That makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    You mean the next 3 minutes!

has it ever been mentioned how, the republic at the time, got a hold of the plans. Dooku gave it to Sidious, but I was wondering how did he let it fall into the hands of Tarkins without Tarkin knowing the it was Palps giving it to him, since it was Tarkins idea in the first place. at least so he seems to think.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
    Does anyone know why Mustafar is the only planet not named by on screen text?
    Not the only one. Lah'mu isn't named either. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Scorch View Post
    Not the only one. Lah'mu isn't named either. Just saying.
    Very true.

But why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Tarkin mentions he first suggested the idea of the weapon to Palpatine "years ago." He believes in the idea of the Death Star, since it was his idea; the thing he's doubtful of is Krennic's ability to get the thing finished.
    has it ever been mentioned how, the republic at the time, got a hold of the plans. Dooku gave it to Sidious, but I was wondering how did he let it fall into the hands of Tarkins without Tarkin knowing the it was Palps giving it to him, since it was Tarkins idea in the first place. at least so he seems to think.
    I had forgotten that the blueprints show up in Episode II first.

Rogue One doesn't specify whose idea it was, only that Tarkin told the Emperor about it.

Maybe Krennic came to Tarkin during the Clone Wars, Tarkin went to the Emperor and the early plans were stored on Geonosis.

I assuming Catalyst works that connection to Prequels out properly.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-22-2017 at 03:16 AM.

And Tarkin was present at the early construction of it at the end of ROTS. He also appeared in TCW, but I don't recall if anything was discussed about then.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2 Director Krennic Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post

Everyone died in the next few minutes so "saving the day" wasn't really all that helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    And Tarkin was present at the early construction of it at the end of ROTS. He also appeared in TCW, but I don't recall if anything was discussed about then.
    No, Death Star is not mentioned in TCW.

There is an unfinished episode about Grievous stealing massive Kyber Crystals for the Death Star though.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Everyone died in the next few minutes so "saving the day" wasn't really all that helpful.
    How was it not helpful?

The Alliance would never have got the plans without Raddus and his fleet.

The fighters on the beach were about to be taken out by the walkers. With them gone there'd have been no distraction and Jyn, Cssian & K2 would have to face a lot more opposition. Krennic would have been able to troops to the top of the tower.

So everyone on the beach would have died. And even if Jyn & Cassian made it to a ship there is no way they get passed the Star Destroyers.

And Tarkin had arrived, in response to an "incursion" - not just the fleet but all of it - before Jyn even got out of the tower.

Everyone on the team was dead as soon they passed the shield gate.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-22-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast