Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosting

Frosting

I've searched but couldn't find any thread on instructions for how to remove frosting. I thought I had read about that somewhere...anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Zach

•    
    On loose figures, warm water and mild soap.

On carded figures, a few minutes in the sun or under a lamp should get rid of it.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    On loose figures, warm water and mild soap.

On carded figures, a few minutes in the sun or under a lamp should get rid of it.

Ian
    What he said is spot on. What the piece if no matter what and don't leave it unattended. You wouldn't want it to melt.
    My Feedback
    WTB Lili Ledy Loose, Klaatu, Vlix complete, Han 12 back and Han ESB Contact me.

Thanks guys...is there a particular type of lamp that I need? These would be carded figures. How long do you put the figure up to the lamp and how close up to it? I'm sure it varies and you need to watch it but just curious on any advice.

I put mine in a star case and leave under a lamp, 100w about 4-5 inches away, leave to make a small oven in the star case, watch, takes 1-2 hours varying, but 100% successful in my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by k95zt01 View Post
    Thanks guys...is there a particular type of lamp that I need? These would be carded figures. How long do you put the figure up to the lamp and how close up to it? I'm sure it varies and you need to watch it but just curious on any advice.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Too bad they have stopped selling 100w bulbs in Europe. Are they still available in US?
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

how come everyone doesn't do this???......I bought a couple of figures which were graded not that long ago (by original owner) and the draw back to their grading was the frosting....if its such simple procedure, I can't understand the original owner didn't do this????? Which lead me to the next area....if frosting is removed, can you get the figure regraded to reflex this??? excuse my ignorance.....

appreciate your advice

Shane...

Quote Originally Posted by CARTS View Post
    how come everyone doesn't do this???......I bought a couple of figures which were graded not that long ago (by original owner) and the draw back to their grading was the frosting....if its such simple procedure, I can't understand the original owner didn't do this????? Which lead me to the next area....if frosting is removed, can you get the figure regraded to reflex this??? excuse my ignorance.....

appreciate your advice

Shane...
    Yes you can.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

What causes frosting?
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    What causes frosting?
    Plasticisers leaching out of the plastic creates the micro crystals on the outside of the figure, theres a myth its mould, thats 100% untrue, it has zero characteristics of any type of mould or mildew.
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 03-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast