Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Widow - The Movie

I agree. I mentioned in my previous post that I was never a Black Widow fan, but I was also never a Thor fan- until I saw the first film and Chris Hemsworth won me over with his portrayal. So yeah, casting can really make or break these characters. Black Widow could've been the same situation but I don't like what Johansson has done with the role. I said she was the least interesting character to me in the MCU but a lot of it has to do with her acting and not the writing. Someone else might've been able to change my opinion of the character.

I do think she's hot though.
    Last edited by Gambit; 02-14-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nightwing77780
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I agree. I mentioned in my previous post that I was never a Black Widow fan, but I was also never a Thor fan- until I saw the first film and Chris Hemsworth won me over with his portrayal. So yeah, casting can really make or break these characters. Black Widow could've been the same situation but I don't like what Johansson has done with the role. I said she was the least interesting character to me in the MCU but a lot of it has to do with her acting and not the writing. Someone else might've been able to change my opinion of the character.

I do think she's hot though.
    I was thinking about that first Thor movie, and even the second one. I like Hemsworth in the role, but the character is still not really all that interesting to me. Iron Man on the other hand was never a character that I read or liked, but Downey really turned that around and I totally dig him in the films. Black Widow was a character I had been familiar with and was kindly disposed towards because she was always helping Daredevil out and was integral to the Bucky Cap and later Winter Soldier storylines. but ScarJo has made her just this bland, uninteresting unemotive mannequin. It's like she thinks that she seems tougher by not expressing anything. In comparison what little we saw of Maria Hill, she seems like a fully realized character. I really don't care how hot (Popular or attractive) an actress is, if she can't put in the work to make the characters interesting, then she's a waste of a casting. With that said, I really hope that Scarlett begins digging deep and pulling something into the role in Cap 2, and Avengers 2 to make her portrayal of the character more interesting. Especially since we seem to be stuck with her.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Black Widow - the movie

it's official. Marvel is going ahead with a Black Widow movie.
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ma...er-1202643908/
    news of the day: they've hired a screenwriter and sat down with ScarJo to discuss "what they want from a Black Widow writer" -- Jac Shaeffer -- I'm not really familiar with her work.
    a good sign: they are including the actor in these discussions (if only they had done that with Luke_TLJ.. if only..) LOL

thoughts?
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 01-12-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

My first thought is that it's 10 years too late. Second, I'd rather someone other than ScarJo be BW. "Yelena Belova" perhaps? Third, I don't know what they'll do, but I like Superheroes with powers. That's why I watch Comic Book Movies. I can see normal people kicking each other's ***** every night of the week.

If this has any hope of doing well, it will likely have to have more than just Marvel's version of Charlie's Angels. At least for me. Though I'm not opposed to her team being all female, i just think it shouldn't for the sake of it. But her, Sharon, Bobbi and Hill could make a cool Femme Fatale. Or sub out Hill with Wasp, or even Tigra?
    It should also follow the vibe of Winter Soldier, and be a spy thriller. After all, she is a spy.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Should be good and in the vain of the Captain America movies. Would love to see more regarding her "you could at least remember me" comment to the Winter Soldier

it will definitely have winter soldier in it. sebastian stan was signed to do NINE films for Marvel. LOL
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    it will definitely have winter soldier in it. sebastian stan was signed to do NINE films for Marvel. LOL

I'd sign up for 9 movies too if I was an actor!

sure why not? point being: he's going to appear in pretty much everything until he fulfills his contract. This one is a No Brainer.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 01-16-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    My first thought is that it's 10 years too late.
    They should have made it before Iron Man?

They're definitely late though. I also feel like Salt (and perhaps Red Sparrow) have beaten Marvel to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    With 2 Marvel movies and plenty of cameos it's pretty easy to chew up appearance numbers to meet the contracted number of films

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast