Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 1,631 to 1,637 of 1637

Thread: Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

Watching back through the season it's a little depressing. They never seem to get a break.
    Don't become dependent on others for your own happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Totally. All I could think of was how inconsistent it always is. It's like the Heroes are only as good/bad as the writers feel like at that given episode. And the difficulty is adjusted for, well IDK...

Even though the stakes were high, they made it out relativity unscathed. And for all there build up to make Thawn a good Villian, they ruin it by purposely making him make mistakes. They had enough SD's there to wipe them out several times over. But he stopped, and decided on a land battle. Even that was over matched for the Rebels. But he was bested again. I'm curious what Bendu foretold him about his demise though. Are they trying to write in his death ahead of time? And the real kicker is, no one really did anything significant to warrant making it out of that trap.
    It's possible that they will do just that. If Thrawn gets sent away to the unknown regions, then the old EU Thrawn story, to an extent, could still come into play later on. However, if LFL really wants to get rid of the old EU, and Thrawn was a pretty big number in it, then they might kill him off before the end of ROTJ, so there's no way to repeat the Thrawn story from the original EU. It's almost as if their goal is to contain the old EU to a point where characters can show up, but if their old EU story conflicts with the new post-Jedi timeline, then they can nip that in the bud. People get the character as an official character in the new EU, but the old story is gone.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Couldn't the rebels have just hooked up a amplified transmitter to Chopper and just destroyed the Star Destroyers that way? I'm sure there is some signal that they listening to that Hera could weaponize.

Some of my thoughts on questions posed here:

Leia was to bring Obi-Wan to Alderran because it was considered a safe place. Alderaan remember was officially loyal to the Empire. Yavin, if discovered, would be the first target. They couldn't afford to send Obi-Wan there if in the meantime Yavin was discovered. This is why all the important leaders of the Rebellion weren't there at the time of the battle.

Pretty much all planetary sieges in Star Wars have been depicted in the same way - from one side. But I would like to think that it really is a planetary blockade and the whole planet is being covered. We just don't see those ships that aren't involved in the action.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    It's possible that they will do just that. If Thrawn gets sent away to the unknown regions, then the old EU Thrawn story, to an extent, could still come into play later on. However, if LFL really wants to get rid of the old EU, and Thrawn was a pretty big number in it, then they might kill him off before the end of ROTJ, so there's no way to repeat the Thrawn story from the original EU. It's almost as if their goal is to contain the old EU to a point where characters can show up, but if their old EU story conflicts with the new post-Jedi timeline, then they can nip that in the bud. People get the character as an official character in the new EU, but the old story is gone.
    I feel that two things will eventually come out from the old EU: Thrawn Trilogy and Shadows of the Empire. Of course that won't happen explicitly, but LFL will set up events in a way that those stories could happen.

Of course, the original stories will have to suffer some changes to adapt to the new worldline, but none of them will be substatial.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    Makes as much sense as tripping a walker with tow cable.

or slicing the legs in half with a lightsaber. Maybe Luke just should have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnutt View Post
    This whole thing has got me wondering - why send Leia to bring Obi Wan to Alderaan if the secret base is on Yavin?

Because only Bail knows of his existence. He needed to speak with him and fill him in before sending him off to a rebel base with no direction as to what was happening.

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164