Page 161 of 162 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1618

Thread: Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnutt View Post
    Obi Wan learned, trained and adapted. Darth Maul did not. He went at Obi Wan with the exact moves he used to kill Qui Gon. Obi Wan knew exactly how to counter and beat him. From that point of view (see what I did there?) it was perfect.
    Agree and I saw what you did there.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

While I understand the points being made on why the quick 2 second fight was reasonable, but from a cinematic pov, especially after the hype leading up to it, I still feel a bit and let down. I will not argue that if this was real life the "fight" time length and trading over time on Kenobi's part didnt make sense, because it totally does.
    I would even been happy or at least ok with this final maul chapter if it ended as a cliffhanger and the outcome want revealed until next week or opening scene next season ( I assume this was season finale?)

So much better than an owl flying away and a apparition fading into a doorway.

It was great that Ben Kenobi baited Maul by taking the Qi-Gon stance. This led Maul to use the same attack, which Kenobi was mentally prepared for, and delivered a fatal counter attack.

My only loose end on this was that I wished that something was said to let it be known that Ezra would not reveal that he now knows that Kenobi is alive and on Tattooine.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnutt View Post
    I'm curious why Maul thought Luke would "avenge us". Or how OW knew who Ezra was. That didn't even confuse Ezra.
    See to me, this was why the fight ended so fast. When Maul says that Luke would avenge them both, it has a deep meaning in that in the end he realized he was just a tool for the Dark Side. His whole life had been wasted. He didn't really want to fight for that cause anymore and I think he just gave up. He was listening to what Obi was saying and I think he felt that had he been raised by the Jedi instead of the Sith his life would have had more meaning. Basically he felt betrayed by his beliefs. It was sort of a Vader moment when at the end of it all he realized the error of his ways.

My friends, you are all entitled to your learned opinions. I think the duel was horribly anticlimactic from a dramatic point of view. Is this why Filoni bothered to bring Maul into Rebels ... for a long-gestating rematch that was over in (less than) 5 seconds? Even Obi-Wan and Vader's final duel was more exciting by comparison. The ending of "Twin Suns" felt like, "Well, we've run out of time this season and we have to wrap up before the one-hour finale. That's all there is to it." If it was possible to push this off until Season 4, then I wish they had considered doing that.
    @LordEdzo

Plus, they hyped up the duel so much. If they hadn't, I probably would have liked it better, but not only did they sell more sizzle than steak (a common practice with this show), but they tried justifying it with absolute BS afterwards.
    An army of one man, but the right man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    While I understand the points being made on why the quick 2 second fight was reasonable, but from a cinematic pov, especially after the hype leading up to it, I still feel a bit and let down. I will not argue that if this was real life the "fight" time length and trading over time on Kenobi's part didnt make sense, because it totally does.
    I would even been happy or at least ok with this final maul chapter if it ended as a cliffhanger and the outcome want revealed until next week or opening scene next season ( I assume this was season finale?)
    nope, not the season finale. I found this site awhile ago, its very useful. I don't like the time change.

I quite liked it. I just wish they hadn't hotshoted Ben in the mid season trailer. I understand their need to draw ratings, but still. Looking forward to the finale!
    WTB/LF/WTTF Loose 3.75 WW Hulk and Skaar, and someone to assist in .stl of Rise of Boba Custom Slave 1 Wings.

I genuinely enjoyed the episode. The "trainer" A-wing was a bit much for me, and how Chopper managed to get into the cockpit unnoticed, but that's just picking at straws. I actually enjoyed the sequence with the Tusken raiders. It brought to light the perils of living on Tatooine very directly.

Maul has had a very circuitous path since his resurrection at the hands of George Lucas in The Clone Wars. At first he was mad when he was first found by Savage Opress. But when he was healed by Mother Tauzin and given his cyborg legs, he was really able to come into his own. He had the conniving attributes of a Sith, working his way through the underworld and eventually ruling Mandalore. But he also fell from grace when he tried facing off against Darth Sidious. As for his time on Rebels? He proved to be just as treacherous when he was reintroduced at the end of season 2. And I think that both Maul and Kanan wound up serving as these imperfect masters guiding Ezra along his way. What will that mean for Ezra in the long term? I don't know. But I don't expect it to end well.

Maul's search for Obi-Wan is him trying to bring things full circle. Back to the man who nearly killed him. Obi-Wan has had time to reflect on a great many things during his time on Tatooine. He's been engaged in study as he learns the secrets of becoming one with The Force. I was somewhat struck when he was able to refer to Ezra by name. But seeing how Ezra had also had Force visions where he was able to communicate with Yoda, it would seem that somehow Obi-Wan had also become aware of Ezra. And Obi-Wan also seems to recognize how Maul has manipulated Ezra. Whether or not he's in a position to help sway Ezra in the right direction? That's something else entirely. But I think that in Obi-Wan's brief conversation with Ezra he was able to show the young padawan the complicated reality associated with his decision making process.

As for when Maul confronted Obi-Wan at the camp site? It seemed clear that Obi-Wan was very much at peace and clear headed. Maul's rage got the best of him, and Obi-Wan was able to read that. He even changed up his fighting style to one just like Qui-Gon's. But it's worth remembering that Obi-Wan's fighting style had evolved into one of defensive mastery. Maul came at Obi-Wan full of rage, and it was over very quickly, just like in a Samurai exchange. Obi-Wan no doubt remembered very well how Maul had killed Qui-Gon with that move where he hit Qui-Gon in the head with the lightsaber hilt and then ran his master through. He saw it happen. And he was not going to let that happen again.

I was somewhat surprised to hear Maul speak of the Chosen One as he lay dying. And more surprised to hear Obi-Wan confirm to Maul that Luke was in fact the Chosen One. As for Luke avenging them all? Maul knew that he had been used. And he finally seemed to be at peace as he died.

Page 161 of 162 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162 LastLast