Page 1 of 271 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Starting this as the catch-all for the forthcoming line of ReAction figures from Super7 & Funko.

List of properties officially announced as of 1/6/2014:

• Aliens
    • Back to the Future
    • Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
    • Buffy The Vampire [TV Series]
    • The Dark Crystal
    • Escape From New York
    • Firefly
    • Goonies
    • Horror Icons (Freddy Krueger [A Nightmare on Elm Street], Jason Voorhees [Friday the 13th], Sam [Trick or Treat], Pinhead [Hellraiser] & Michael Myers [Halloween])
    • Predator
    • Pulp Fiction
    • The Rocketeer
    • Star Trek [Classic]
    • The Terminator
    • Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    • Universal Monsters

Official Site: ReAction Figures :: Coming Soon!

The Original Press Release:

Funko and Super7 have announced a new strategic partnership to debut and extend the 3 3/4 Inch ReAction Figure line. ReAction is short for Retro-Action, a Super7 created brand that encapsulates vintage nostalgia in a minimally articulated 3 3/4" action figure format, the type popularized in the '70s. Funko, best known for their plethora of licensed POP! vinyl figures and Wacky Wobblers, shares Super7's unique brand vision in ReAction. Together the two companies will take ReAction to new heights starting with Super7's ALIEN ReAction Figures, slated to hit market this October.

One of the many benefits of the new partnership will be lower product cost for customers. Funko will be able to produce in much larger quantities and wider distribution, bringing the price of each ALIEN ReAction figure down from $19.95 to a SRP of $14.95. For those that already pre-ordered the five figure set at $100, an arrangement has been made to provide those pre-orders with an additional, secret figure. The figure will not be available anywhere else and will only be made available to those who pre-ordered the ALIEN sets from Super7 (all pre-orders are long since closed.) This is Super7's way of saying "thank you" to everyone who believed in the project and pre-ordered ahead of time, being part of the excitement of the release of this long-awaited line of figures.

ALIEN ReAction, however, is just the tip of the iceberg for the series. Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures will take the "what if" possibilities of many, many hot licenses and reimagine them as 3 3/4" ReAction collectibles. What if Escape From New York had a ReAction line? Predator? Those are just two confirmed properties that will receive the ReAction treatment. Funko's president Brian Mariotti informed me that fans can expect 12 -14 series starting in 2014. In addition to Escape From New York and Predator look forward to 1984's The Terminator, Firefly,Goonies, ALIENS, Buffy The Vampire TV Series, and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And those are just the licenses Brian Mariotti was allowed to share presently. Prepare for a blast from the past, ReAction Figures are going to redefine nostalgia.

UPDATE 9/9: A few more Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures more licenses have been announced. These include Universal Monsters, Back to the Future, The Dark Crystal and Terminator 2.
    Last edited by John_Solo; 01-07-2014 at 02:09 PM.

while all that's awesome, these are max $8/fig

would I pay $20 for similar predator figures? (asked nobody ever)

no I don't think so

Do you think they'll just redo 90's predator toys?
    My Clone Wars Retail Droid Just Went Up Significantly In Value

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsDad View Post
    while all that's awesome, these are max $8/fig

would I pay $20 for similar predator figures? (asked nobody ever)

no I don't think so

Do you think they'll just redo 90's predator toys?
    I'm fine with the price. Smaller runs, all new sculpts (even if they are simpler and 5 POA). $10 would be awesome, and maybe if they're able to start selling these at TRU pr something we'll get there. But whatever, between paying $20 per and not having them at all, I'll pay the $20.

Kenner 90's Predator redux? I doubt it. If the Alien line is the template, it'll be 4-5 figures based directly on the characters from the movies.

My guesses for a few of them:

BttF: Marty McFly, Doc Brown, Biff Tannen, Mr. Strickland and.. Lorraine, maybe?
    The Dark Crystal: Jen, Kira (w/ Fizzgig), Aughra, Chamberlain, a Garthim, a Longstrider, a Mystic and some Pod People - basically this
    Escape
    : Snake Plissken, Hauk, The Duke, Brain & Maggie (possible re-use of HDS face sculpt for a Brett figure for a Alien Wave 2); could also see them doing Borgnine's Cabbie or the President.
    Firefly: Captain Mal, Jayne, Wash, River, Inara and... a Reaver, maybe?
    Goonies:
    Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, Data, Sloth & (maybe) Mama Fratelli
    Predator: The Predator, Dutch, Blaine, Mac, Billy and Dillon. if they just complete the whole squad in one go, that'd be spectacular.
    Terminator
    : The Terminator, Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor, Lieutenant Ed Traxler and Bill Paxton's Punk
    T2: The Terminator, Sarah Connor, John Connor, T-1000 and Miles Dyson
    Last edited by John_Solo; 01-06-2014 at 08:46 PM.

These figures are probably all gonna be in 70's 80's Kenner style like the alien figures. Also I would think if they catch on and do well they may become cheaper, kinda like pop bobble heads... They already dropped to $15 by just having funko team up with them.

I love these! I'm all for a lower price too if that happens. I am really excited for what they are mentioning. I never would have thought that these figures from Alien would see the light of day! And now there is talk of The Dark Crystal, Back to the Future, Classic Star Trek, etc! All in the same scale! Suddenly I'm 6 years old again ready to fill my space case up with these things! I only hope that someone will revive the old Playset concept from the 70s and 80s too! I have not been this inspired or excited for a line of action figures like this in years! There is entirely too much negativity being directed towards 5 POA action figures by collectors. Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters have zero POA and they have pretty much decimated action figure sales the last couple of years!

Quote Originally Posted by bgiles73 View Post
    I love these! I'm all for a lower price too if that happens. I am really excited for what they are mentioning. I never would have thought that these figures from Alien would see the light of day! And now there is talk of The Dark Crystal, Back to the Future, Classic Star Trek, etc! All in the same scale! Suddenly I'm 6 years old again ready to fill my space case up with these things! I only hope that someone will revive the old Playset concept from the 70s and 80s too! I have not been this inspired or excited for a line of action figures like this in years! There is entirely too much negativity being directed towards 5 POA action figures by collectors. Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters have zero POA and they have pretty much decimated action figure sales the last couple of years!
    Oh dude... I might have to get a space case. I remember that thing fondly.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNDU0/z/jIQAAOxyNo9Sp~77/$_3.JPG

That's just like the one I used to have! Ah, the memories. I can't tell you how much I'd love to have the Super 7 "Big Chap" Alien hanging out in the trash compactor with the dianoga waiting for some unsuspecting victims in my old Deathstar Playset. Would have been some good times! Why nobody has had the foresight to make an alien egg chamber with slime similar to the Masters of the Universe Slimepit is beyond me!

Initially I was super excited about this announcement... but I'd rather see more modern sculpt and paint. Just like the Saga Legends line, actually. That line's sensibilities, with these properties equals my cranky wife. :-)

Banned

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Initially I was super excited about this announcement... but I'd rather see more modern sculpt and paint. Just like the Saga Legends line, actually. That line's sensibilities, with these properties equals my cranky wife. :-)
    No way. Retro movies, retro figure style. It's as if the lines were actually made when the movies were new. Awesome stuff, and refreshing that they aren't modern statues that get spaghetti limbed if you breathe on them too much.

Ian

I'm not going to judge until they're actually in front of me but I have to admit there is a part of me that wonders how well the "retro" thing will translate to slightly newer properties and even some of the older ones (Firefly and Buffy come to mind or even the one I personally wish to see come to life in plastic: Twin Peaks!) I really love the Alien ones because they have the actual historical "uproduced" authenticity to them but the further you get from the actual era and any unproduced status (so again, we did get various toy incarnations of some of those properties already in a more recent sculpting style) I wonder if the sense of connecting with that era will be diminished. So if they were to tackle some of the unproduced Star Wars characters, ok, maybe that would be awesome...ok who am I kidding, that would be totally awesome!!! Because some were actually floated back then or we can imagine they would have been if the line had continued (the historical connection in toy-dom). But others...not so much. That's how I feel anyway, but maybe I'm one who is more into that authenticity factor than others who just love the 70's/80's aesthetic are.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Page 1 of 271 1231151101 ... LastLast