Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Happy Life Day! Presenting my Wookiee family painting

OT: Happy Life Day! Presenting my Wookiee family painting

Happy Life Day!
    In honor of the 35th anniversary of the airing of the Holiday Special, I present:

acrylic on canvas
    (detail) original size measures 20”x20”

I don’t always paint on velvet!

Commissioned by the awesome Skye Paine, it is a parody of Weezer’s 1994 “blue” album cover photo.
    Careful viewers will notice that Chewie’s son, Lumpy, is holding a vintage Hammerhead action figure, while Chewie’s father, Itchy, is holding a carved wooden X-wing fighter!

It should be noted that the Hammerhead was chosen for a reason. the original bass player in Weezer was admitted into the band when he answered "Hammerhead" to the question, "Who is your favorite Star Wars character" ?

Wow, awesome work! Thanks for sharing this fun piece with all of us.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,textured cape Leia, and any Revenge proofs. I'm also currently looking for Original Leia proofs. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:

That painting is amazing! You are extremely talented!

Sydney Australia

Your very talented, awesome painting bro, the detail and expression is top shelf, the owner of that is going to be stoked, cheers

Australia/The Netherlands

This is fantastic! Nice work Bruce. I always thought that Weezer cover was a winner; so typically understated for the band.

Nice to see something positive actually come out of that SW holiday special...

Qualty painting there Bruce. I love the colours and detail in the wookies fur. The expressions are brilliant! Thank you for sharing. ~

Anyone got a link to where I could watch or even better download a copy of that Holiday Special? Only seen bits of it but LMAO

THIS is awesome.

Awesome painting, Bruce!
    Last edited by BillCable; 11-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    President -
    Executive Editor - <----- funny!
    Artist & Writer -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast