Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3500

Thread: The Black Series 6" Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Using boil and pop method, I managed to swap the upper torsos of my At-Act driver and Hovertank pilots. Now I have one officer and regular of each and they have matching leg colors (That's the main reason for the torso swap instead of just the head swap).

Very nice! I'm not really into these kind of troopers but you make them look better than their original form *thumbs up*
    Yin some, Yang some.

Quote Originally Posted by southp_OT View Post
    I did the same for my General Kenobi
    It's a pain to get the pins out and when you do the clone leg won't fit perfectly on the Obi Wan thigh. If I'm not mistaken I shaved down the Obi Wan leg a little bit so the articulation was still tight, but he could stand up straight.

Generally speaking pin swaps are hit or miss and a really pain. But it's do-able! Here is my version that I did last year (the original Obi Wan thigh is painted black)...

So that was yours! I was researching images of the character and this exact custom came up and inspired me! Small world

I have to say your General Kenobi is a piece of art. Excellent work! And I'm a little reassured that the legs switch is a real pain and not (strictly) my own inexperience

You got any other tips for me to make a similar figure? Did you handpaint his shoulder logo?

P.S. Your Dooku is pretty cool too.
    Yin some, Yang some.

Ok, well now may be a good time to tell you that the shoulder swap is not so easy either.
    The Obi Wan robes have to be trimmed at the shoulder to give better articulation. Additinally, the clone shoulder pin was a little bit loose in the Obi Wan shoulder. I ended up pouring some resin or crazy glue in the Obi Wan shoulder to make it tighter (at your own risk!).

Yes I painted the logo by hand. It obviously isn't perfect,but the best I could do. You could maybe get a small printed sticker?

Ok, well now may be a good time to tell you that the shoulder swap is not so easy either.
    The Obi Wan robes have to be trimmed at the shoulder to give better articulation. Additinally, the clone shoulder pin was a little bit loose in the Obi Wan shoulder. I ended up pouring some resin or crazy glue in the Obi Wan shoulder to make it tighter (at your own risk!).

Yes I painted the logo by hand. It obviously isn't perfect,but the best I could do. You could maybe get a small printed sticker?

What is the neck piece? Vader? I'm trying to build up the G Enforcer neck piece, but it's not a correct match.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Wars_Dork View Post
    What is the neck piece? Vader? I'm trying to build up the G Enforcer neck piece, but it's not a correct match.
    Yeah I bought a knock-off Vader from china so I could hack it up.
    In retrospect I could've gone with the Season-2+ Clone Wars Obi Wan which removed the neck piece but it seemed cooler this way and less like an EP3 look.

I think as of Season 2 he looks like this without the neck piece and leg armour.

This was a simple head swap but I wanted an pseudo Ep. IV Kenobi with better range of articulation on the legs than the 40th Anniversary/SDCC version.

I just did this. I was pleased with results. The hole on old Ben's (IV) head's was smaller than the peg on the ROTS Obiwan's (III) body, so it required a little dremel work to make it fit. If you do it right the old head will fit on both the IV (albeit loosely) and III bodies. Even though this is not screen accurate, I like this look and it helps to have a version of Ep. IV Ben that can sit.

Here he is with robe. The robe its a little small fitting around the the ep. III body but it still works.

There is some exposure of the neck hinge when the ep. IV head is put on the ep. III body. For some folks this might be a deal breaker. Also there is a slight mismatch in the skin tones but it's passable.

Finally here is the ep. III head on the ep. IV body. I just thought it looked funny.

In retrospect I could've gone with the Season-2+ Clone Wars Obi Wan which removed the neck piece but it seemed cooler this way and less like an EP3 look.

I totally agree.
    Yin some, Yang some.

Ah thanks. Will do.

You did great. I don't trust myself for such small details so I'll probably go with the sticker option.
    Yin some, Yang some.

Nice Obi-Wan Episode IV, Golden_Rod. He looks very good!

I'm not so certain for the Episode III head on the Episode IV body though
    Yin some, Yang some.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunathar View Post
    Nice Obi-Wan Episode IV, Golden_Rod. He looks very good!

I'm not so certain for the Episode III head on the Episode IV body though
    Thanks!

Yeah, the Ep. III head on Ep. IV body definitely looks goofy as all get out.

Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350