Page 327 of 360 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3591

Thread: The Black Series 6" Customs

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnutt View Post
    I never prime anything.

Yeah, I'm not a big "primer" either.
    Especially a face which won't get any paint rub. An elbow or knee joint I would consider priming.

Here are a couple of shots of the Oldboy TFA Luke head cast. They really do phenomenal work... I'm waiting on their ANH Leia head to show up any day now.

Generally, I don't prime either, especially on model kits. The pieces fit so tight, adding more layers makes parts harder to put together. I do, however, wash every part throughly with dish soap and water to remove the mold release chemicals/oils. This improves paint adhesion.

@south - great job on the Old Boy Luke. Looks fantastic.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    Generally, I don't prime either, especially on model kits. The pieces fit so tight, adding more layers makes parts harder to put together. I do, however, wash every part throughly with dish soap and water to remove the mold release chemicals/oils. This improves paint adhesion.

@south - great job on the Old Boy Luke. Looks fantastic.

Thanks BARF.
    Did you get any further with your casting project?

Here's what Im working on next...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the process. With that Han head above, after you submerge it, how do you get the silicone off in a clean way to reuse so you can pour the resin?
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

I haven't been priming before, just painting over the bare plastic or existing paint job. Just with this recast head I did because every tutorial I read mentioned priming resin. I had to wash off the paint an grey primer and redo it with white primer. I think it turned out alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southp_OT View Post
    Here are a couple of shots of the Oldboy TFA Luke head cast. They really do phenomenal work... I'm waiting on their ANH Leia head to show up any day now.
    Looks great. I'm also waiting on that Leia head, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisOnline View Post
    I haven't been priming before, just painting over the bare plastic or existing paint job. Just with this recast head I did because every tutorial I read mentioned priming resin. I had to wash off the paint an grey primer and redo it with white primer. I think it turned out alright.

very nicely done!
    big improvement over the original.

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the process. With that Han head above, after you submerge it, how do you get the silicone off in a clean way to reuse so you can pour the resin?

I'll take pics along the way.
    So far I have secured the Han head to the bottom of the cup. You can use non-sulfur clay or a tiny dab of hot glue. This point will be the pour spout and it also keeps the item from floating around in the silicone.

When I go to cut the head out I'll break the cup away, flip it over and start carefully trimming from the hole, down the sides. Eventually I'll cut just enough so the head will come free but the mold is still in tact to hold the resin.

I'll do that tonight and post some pics later...

That was fast!
    Are there any repaints of the new head? I'd love to see how the new sculpt compares when repainted.

Page 327 of 360 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast