Thread: Weta LOTR Collectibles

Weta LOTR Collectibles

First previewed at Comic Con in San Diego last month, Weta's Arwen mini statue is now available for preorder.

US$74.99
    Open EditionShipping Nov/Dec 2013
    Dimensions: (H x W x D)
    5.1" x 5.1" x 4.3"
    13 cm x 13 cm x 11 cm
    Weight: 0.9 lbs (390 g)

Created by the same artists and craftspeople who work on our movies, Arwen is the fourth character in Weta's range of miniature figures from The Lord of the Rings and is sculpted by Weta Workshop sculptor Steven Saunders.
    Last edited by ReverendStrone; 08-12-2013 at 02:34 PM.

New announcements from Weta this month!

Behold the all new Balrog, Demon of Shadow and Flame statue, revealed at San Diego Comic Con in July ...

Pre-orders open now. Shipping from the US, UK and New Zealand Q4 2014.

Special pre-order introductory price of US$599. This will rise to US$649 once the statue is in stock later this year.
    As with all direct orders from Weta, it includes 60 Weta Dollars, which can be put towards other purchases from them.

Edition Size: 1500
    Dimensions: (H x W x D) He's big!
    20.5" x 17.5" x 11.8"
    52 cm x 44.5 cm x 30 cm
    Weight:
    33.0 lbs
    15.0 kg

The Balrog was sculpted by Weta Workshop Designer Jamie Beswarick, one of the original designers on The Lord of the Rings 15 years ago who was involved with designing many of the trilogy's creatures, including Gollum.

Also revealed at San Diego, the first statue in Weta's new LOTR 1/6th scale statue line, returning to the line that put the company on the collectibles map a decade ago, Faramir. No pre-order or pricing information available on this one yet, but promised to be coming soon.

Meanwhile, in stock now is the latest addition to the miniature character line, following Arwen and Strider, the Ringwraith ...

US$74.99

Availability: Shipping Now from our US, UK and New Zealand warehouses

Open Edition

Dimensions: (H x W x D)
    5.9" x 4.5" x 4.5"
    15 cm x 11.5 cm x 11.5 cm
    Weight:
    0.9 lbs
    390 g

Also loads of new reveals from Weta's polystone and prop replica lines from The Hobbit!

New pictures released by Weta offer the chance to compare the size and detail of the big new Balrog, Demon of Shadow and Flame statue (right) with the previous version of ten years ago!

I never got into LOTR or the Hobbit, but Weta is seriously knocking it out of the park with these statues. Smaug is amazing as is the Balrog, basically all they've done looks incredible.
    I've been to the Weta booth the last few cons near me and it's always mint. The life size Gollum is literally ultra realistic, I have a bunch of pics with my daughter next to him; she loves it.

Previewed at san diego Comic Con tonight ...

Minas Tirith
    SDCC preview only
    No pricing or availability info yet.

An Uruk-hai Swordsman 1/6th scale statue was also shown. Pics as they come ...

It has been way to long since I last updated this thread, and with a raft of fresh reveals at san Diego Comic Con last weekend now is as good a time as any to post a bunch of new images and links.
    First up, Lurtz and Boromir, designed to be posed together …

Boromir at Amon Hen
    Limited Edition of 1000
    Pre-order Now

Uruk-hai Swordsman
    Limited Edition of 1500
    Shipping Now

Lurtz at Amon Hen
    Limited Edition of 1000
    Pre-order Now

Also, Lady Éowyn of Rohan
    Limited Edition of 750
    Pre-order Now

Weta also makes smaller, miniature characters at more affordable prices. Here are the latest …

Frodo Baggins
    Available Now

Gimli the Dwarf
    Previewed at San Diego Comic Con. Pre-order coming soon.

The 1/4 scale Miniature Helmet Line is also being revived. More will be revealed in the coming months, but the first of the new helms is the Orc Trophy Helm
    Previewed at SDCC, pre-order coming soon.

Last edited by ReverendStrone; 07-26-2016 at 12:05 AM.