Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FXtoys....uses price stickers to cover up damage

FXtoys....uses price stickers to cover up damage

So...I have been speaking with Ion Cannon and he had the same experience that I did. Kevin can you post pictures if you have them? So 2 of my MOCs had price stickers that fell off in the mail.I guess from sitting in the heat and all. I have one more but the sticker did not fall off of this one. This is suspect to me. The under side of the price stickers had zero ink on them. So it was a coverup. FXtoys was the seller and it is a bit more then a coincidence. We will see how they handle my situation. Please see the pictures below and draw your on conclusion. Kevin was banned from bidding with them and we will see what they do to me....if anything.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-KENNER-...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by SeerDrakon; 07-19-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    My Feedback
    WTB Lili Ledy Loose, Stormie, R2, Jawa Contact me.

I can say that this very thing happened to me just as Matt described. I can't remember if I took pics but if I can find them I will dig them up. I got banned from bidding from them because they said I caused the damage after the sticker fell off in the mail....I didn't make a fuss because I thought it might just be a overlook but obviously there is a trend here. If you bought ANYTHING from FXToys with a sticker, it should be investigated even if it is AFA graded!!!
    --
    ICT - Ion-Cannon Technician Class III
    LimeLight
    Feedback

Matt, Kevin,

Sorry to hear of your experiences with fxtoys - just another big toy dealer with poor practices and poor customer service. Of course, they would ban you - rather than make it right with the customer and tread on the side of honor and integrity, they'd rather discredit and ban the customer just so they don't have to refund a sale.

Are any of the owners of fxtoys on RS?
    WTB: Star Wars and ESB foreign 12" in original boxes, Canadian Wind-up R2-D2 MOC, & Vintage SW, ESB, and ROTJ Kenner Store Displays!!!
    Cheers, Rob Daugherty

Matt, nothing specific to this sticker removal trend, but I was able to mine some FXtoys related mentions for another thread.

Yeah...this is not good. I wonder how many other pieces have price sticker cover up.
    My Feedback

Great. I recently won an auction for a MOC 31-Back Star Destroyer Commander from this seller and it, too, has a price sticker "adhered" to the card. Hope it is real...

Quote Originally Posted by fishtafari View Post
    Great. I recently won an auction for a MOC 31-Back Star Destroyer Commander from this seller and it, too, has a price sticker "adhered" to the card. Hope it is real...
    Be ready to be disappointed. Let us know.
    My Feedback

This is criminal. If enough people here discover this crook has pulled a fast one on them, are there options to bring action against through E-bay or is this just another example of "Buyer Beware?"

A similar topic was discussed here, unfortunately the ebay links no longer work and the sellers name wasn't mentioned in the thread.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t956318/
    My Star Wars Website: http://www.starwarsgroup.com

Not to make light of the situation BUT that is still a nice MOC you picked up Matt...dont know how much yiu paid though either. I think that it is crazy that a seller would ban someone from bidding. Why not just make good w the buyer and just do a partial refund. Personally that kind of damage does not bother me. I am not a super picky collector either as long as the price matches the piece (figure/condition/etc). At least the rest of us on RS know to avoid the seller so thanks for the info Seer and Ion.
    My Feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081250/#post18811630

WTB- TRI-LOGO FETT (LOOSE)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast