Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Were there any Power Of The Force TV commercials?

Were there any Power Of The Force TV commercials?

I've never seen any, I just wondered if any were made.

There's a few people that remember one, but as far as I know it has never surfaced. I posted a thread several years ago on the site retrojunk, asking about it, as over the years quite a few commercials have been unearthed there including the Droids commercial that had been lost for a time. I still hold out hope that some day this commercial will be found as I'd love to see it and if it brings back any memory of me seeing it personally at all.
    Collection Website|U Grade FAQ|My Feedback

WTB: Luke Jedi POTF Proof

I never actually saw a POTF2 commercial on TV, but apparently there is at least one:
    Star Wars / Power Of The Force (POTF2) action figures commercial - Kenner 1995 - YouTube
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I never actually saw a POTF2 commercial on TV, but apparently there is at least one:
    Star Wars / Power Of The Force (POTF2) action figures commercial - Kenner 1995 - YouTube

There was actually a few of them, but I don't recall seeing them myself that much either. I guess because I wasn't watching a lot of children's T.V. shows at the time.

Here's a few more of them from a Kenner/Hasbro retailer VHS tape I picked up last year and digitized. It also has some from their other lines at the time.

'97 Kenner Toy Commercials - YouTube
    Collection Website|U Grade FAQ|My Feedback

WTB: Luke Jedi POTF Proof

There's an urban legend of a POTF coin commercial existing. Apparently, coins are falling down from the skye like rain droplets and kids are eagerly picking them up. It would probably look like a twinkling golden shower of DROIDS coins. Hopefully, the commercial will be unearthed someday.

Quote Originally Posted by phidias_barrios View Post
    There's an urban legend of a POTF coin commercial existing. Apparently, coins are falling down from the skye like rain droplets and kids are eagerly picking them up. It would probably look like a twinkling golden shower of DROIDS coins. Hopefully, the commercial will be unearthed someday.
    I seem to recall this one or something similar, I don't remember if it was just for the figures packed with coins or if it was about the free coin offer.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

I definetly remember seeing
    Last edited by CrockerJarmen; 06-05-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phidias_barrios View Post
    I definetely remember seeing this during Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid. Would have been 1985 or 1986 (I remember the house I was living in at the time). The commercial surprised me, because I had never seen one for Star Wars toys before (I never saw any of those Kenner ads you can find on Youtube in abundance, maybe they didn't run in Canada).

update

Hello.
    I saw your post.
    Yes, there are few that existed. I saw most of them on TV and some at stores that ran them on a loop.
    Hasbro produced a few under Kenner logo until Episode 1. Then, all commercials were under Hasbro.
    What I recall were 3-4 under Power of the Force, one under Shadows of the Empire, 2 under Original Trilogy Collection and perhaps a couple more, but I have to check.
    Plus there were some for Galoob as well.

As to vintage Kenner, I saw some, but not all. They made a lot of them back then for each film from 1978-1984.

If anyone is interested in a copy, please e-mail me at drsw3@yahoo.com. PMs are full. Thank you.
    Last edited by DTMAN; 07-03-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: correction
    Looking for certain Celebration Europe and Japan items. Please PM me to discuss.
    2007 Scummy award-Still surprised about the recognition.

There was also a rad Ewoks commercial that Gus posted on Starwars.com a few years ago, but it has been pulled down since. It featured some unproduced figures and the Battle Wagon.
    Currently looking for Ewoks Preschool and Plush items including protos, proofs, artwork, etc.
    My Feedback

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast