Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224
Results 2,231 to 2,239 of 2239

Thread: Star Wars Rebels Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    you know, it raises a question that i've come across b4, we know the Legends deal, and how they are selective in re-use, but are there any sections that remain, undisputed? parts that are EU but logical moreso in cohesion w/ the films? (meaning no need to be redone, I guess)
    Theoretically yes. Many things could be used with no current contradiction but they aren't undisputed because lucasfilm wants the right to revisit and change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..certainly. And what tickles me is this has been the norm since the beginning, yet some fans are up in arms about it. It was no shock to me the LFL disconnect of the old EU/Legends. GL made it clear way back the films (and, later the 2 series) trump any EU. This was always fact in my 40 years as a fan. It doesn't mean material didn't count when it was created back then, I mean it had to make sense and fit, right?, but it did mean it was subject to change moving forward, at LFL's will.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 09-15-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Yes, GL always trumped the EU, but he almost never went out of his way to. Aside from killing off Anakin Solo due to the confusion thing, he's never made a movie that contradicted the EU. Nor made a movie with new characters but using those EU characters' names or events and changing backstory.

His stance was, if he mad a movie about certain events, that his overruled EU events if they were similar. Which we all knew He'd likely never do.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

if I remember correctly C-3PO was never built by Anakin til 1999, and the clones were never linked to Fett until 2002, just to name 2 so he did deliberately rewrite/trump EU, plenty of times.

3 or 4 times isn't plenty, it's a few. Compared to all the books and comics written over the years, versus movies made he's altered maybe a handful of items.

Disney simply wiped it out.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

And the mouse didn't need to use a time machine either.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    3 or 4 times isn't plenty, it's a few. Compared to all the books and comics written over the years, versus movies made he's altered maybe a handful of items.

Agreed. It's not that many times and vast majority is TCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, well, I ain't about to go & perform a study and list here the number of times this action has taken shape over the last 3 decades, some things multiple times, for the sake of arguing over it here to no avail (if you recall GL was in charge of TCW content also, why do you think Maul returned?), I'm only simply stating there shouldn't have been any surprise to any fan the EU was canonically removed... that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    Ok, well, I ain't about to go & perform a study and list here the number of times this action has taken shape over the last 3 decades, some things multiple times, for the sake of arguing over it here to no avail (if you recall GL was in charge of TCW content also, why do you think Maul returned?), I'm only simply stating there shouldn't have been any surprise to any fan the EU was canonically removed... that's all.
    Kotor was still a strong brand and there were also some nice other games studios might think twice about thrwing into the garbage bin. Also i doubt EA was happy and ongoing 200 mil investment declared irrelevant.
    Last edited by Cartel_Al_Jabr; 09-19-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224