Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2219

Thread: Star Wars Rebels Thread

It's been a good run for Rebels, I think it really fleshed out the early days of the rebellion and with it running up to "Rogue One" it feels like a great end point. I wonder what the next series will be, with all the 3D animation assets they have created over the years you'd think they would make a new series set in a different time period. I'd personally love an Old Republic era series but that is probably unlikely with how they like to cross promote movie stuff.

give me a Dr Aphra cartoon once Rebels is over. Trailer looked amazing and can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylek View Post
    It's been a good run for Rebels, I think it really fleshed out the early days of the rebellion and with it running up to "Rogue One" it feels like a great end point. I wonder what the next series will be, with all the 3D animation assets they have created over the years you'd think they would make a new series set in a different time period. I'd personally love an Old Republic era series but that is probably unlikely with how they like to cross promote movie stuff.
    Rogue One is not an "end point" for Rebels.

We do yet know at what point in time the series finale will occur in relation to Rogue One/A New Hope. It could happen before or after the Battles of Scariff and
    Yavin.

I would love a Luke Skywalker post-Yavin series. If not that, then I would prefer the next series to be Sequel era one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
    Rogue One is not an "end point" for Rebels.

We do yet know at what point in time the series finale will occur in relation to Rogue One/A New Hope. It could happen before or after the Battles of Scariff and
    Yavin.

I would love a Luke Skywalker post-Yavin series. If not that, then I would prefer the next series to be Sequel era one.
    you misspelled Dr Aprha

I'd love to get a bounty hunter series. what happend to Boba Fett, Aurra Sing, etc... after CW ? The could fit the Bane/Fett standoff into it. Embo, Bossk, IG

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    you misspelled Dr Aprha
    This damn auto-correct on my computer!!!

I fell behind in the Marvel books early on but haven't felt any great desire to catch up. I honestly don't know whether that is just me being lazy or the comics just didn't take with me.

What is it about that character that appeals? Someone told me she is just "Indiana Jones with Star Wars on".

I don't see that having much steam in an on going TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Scooby View Post
    I'd love to get a bounty hunter series. what happend to Boba Fett, Aurra Sing, etc... after CW ? The could fit the Bane/Fett standoff into it. Embo, Bossk, IG
    The only way I see that happening is series lead by a bounty hunter (or bounty hunter team) that always does the right thing and is/are heroes whether they want to be or not. They can't make a series with characters who kill their targets, etc.

This would require the creation of a new, moral bounty hunter or the watering down of the known, immoral ones.

According to his appearances in the Clone Wars (including the footage shown at Celebration last week) young Boba Fett had morals at the start before becoming the "disintergrator". Do people craving a Fett led project want to see as a decent guy who protects the innocent? Would Disney air a cartoon series where the central characters becomes a killer?
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-20-2017 at 02:52 AM.

They seem to want to have Jedi in their series (Which makes sense) so a bounty hunter series doesn't seem to fit their mold unless they invent a force sensitive lightsaber wielding bounty hunter. I didn't say Rebels would end at Rogue One, I said it was running up to it. Filoni already said he didn't want to end the series at Scarif because it has already been done. What I mean is that Rogue One basically passes the story baton to A New Hope and Rebels has filled in some of the gaps of the early Rebellion pre-Rogue One.

Filoni has hinted at more Ahsoka but he could have meant the Forces of Destiny shorts. Like I said before, an Old Republic series would be great because they wouldn't have to operate in such a confined story space like the Clone Wars and Rebels did. There were certain characters that couldn't meet, couldn't die etc so that took some of the suspense from the show.

As much as I like Boba Fett, I don't want a weekly series about him. To me, he should always be a secondary character, not the star of the show. There's just more to him if he shows up for a couple episodes, collects a bounty and leaves. Just like what Vader does in Rebels. Shows up for that brief fan service, never to return again. lol

Personally, I want another show that revolves around "unknowns". Like what Rebels started out as. I guess you can't get away with zero links to "known" characters, but I'd like it to be toned down a bit from what happened in Rebels. I wouldn't even mind if it took place during Han's early years, but not have him show up every ten episodes. Also wouldn't mind if it took place between ANH and ESB, and centered on Bounty Hunters or Smugglers. Something taking place far away from the dire events of the Empire though.
    I'm a little fatigued by the Rebels vs. Empire scenario, and would welcome a fresh take.

Though I'd really like something set many many years prior to or post OT/PT/ST era. By several hundred years. I get get into an Animated series set in the KotOR era, though i would prefer a live action movie.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zylek View Post
    They seem to want to have Jedi in their series (Which makes sense) so a bounty hunter series doesn't seem to fit their mold unless they invent a force sensitive lightsaber wielding bounty hunter. I didn't say Rebels would end at Rogue One, I said it was running up to it. Filoni already said he didn't want to end the series at Scarif because it has already been done. What I mean is that Rogue One basically passes the story baton to A New Hope and Rebels has filled in some of the gaps of the early Rebellion pre-Rogue One.

Filoni has hinted at more Ahsoka but he could have meant the Forces of Destiny shorts. Like I said before, an Old Republic series would be great because they wouldn't have to operate in such a confined story space like the Clone Wars and Rebels did. There were certain characters that couldn't meet, couldn't die etc so that took some of the suspense from the show.
    No, about Rebels and Rogue One, I mean we don't know whether the Rebels series finale will take place before or after the Battles of Scarif and Yavin.

And Filoni said about Scarif was that they aren't doing the Ghost view of that battle. It has nothing to do with the primary plot of Rebels.

I understand why they'd include Jedi, and although Jedi are my favourite element of the franchise, I would like the next series to be about something different. The Star Wars Galaxy is big even to tell all sorts of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    As much as I like Boba Fett, I don't want a weekly series about him. To me, he should always be a secondary character, not the star of the show. There's just more to him if he shows up for a couple episodes, collects a bounty and leaves. Just like what Vader does in Rebels. Shows up for that brief fan service, never to return again. lol

Personally, I want another show that revolves around "unknowns". Like what Rebels started out as. I guess you can't get away with zero links to "known" characters, but I'd like it to be toned down a bit from what happened in Rebels. I wouldn't even mind if it took place during Han's early years, but not have him show up every ten episodes. Also wouldn't mind if it took place between ANH and ESB, and centered on Bounty Hunters or Smugglers. Something taking place far away from the dire events of the Empire though.
    I'm a little fatigued by the Rebels vs. Empire scenario, and would welcome a fresh take.

Though I'd really like something set many many years prior to or post OT/PT/ST era. By several hundred years. I get get into an Animated series set in the KotOR era, though i would prefer a live action movie.
    I haven't played the games or read any of the tie-in material, but I'd be interested in such a project simply to see how Lucasfilm and ILM would create technology, location and ships that are "ancient".

The art from the games didn't achieve that.

However, it is too early in this new era of Lucasfilm to do do something that is that much of a departure. Might be best left until the end of the Sequel timeline.

Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 LastLast