Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The Americans on FX

His character is North Vietnamese, while he is South Vietnamese in real life.
    "You're solid gold, I'll see you in hell"
    this is what I do when I'm not out collecting, check it out:http://dribbble.com/MEANS1974
    MEANS Feedback Thread

I was behind on the show for a few weeks but binged and finished the season last night. Great season overall but thought the finale was a bit anticlimactic. I am guessing it was just set up for the final season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LandoGriffin View Post
    I was behind on the show for a few weeks but binged and finished the season last night. Great season overall but thought the finale was a bit anticlimactic. I am guessing it was just set up for the final season next year.
    Agreed. It was probably the most boring finale I've seen.

Yes, the finale of The Americans S05 was not that exciting, but I guess that was the intent.

Liked the final scene(s) with Elton John's iconic "Yellow Brick Road" playing & Elizabeth looking around her kitchen; she was seemingly evaluating all of her "creature comforts" & realizing how difficult it will be to leave them. So, I somehow don't see her & Philip leaving behind all of that and going somewhere where they won't have access to any of it. I also can't see them not letting Henry go to boarding school, especially given that he was accepted & had his mind set on this. They really do want what's best for their kids - this has been illustrated throughout the series.

Lastly, if Philip, Elizabeth, and their kids all move to Russia "off screen" (after S05 is over), there wouldn't be a S06 (and we know there will be).

It was interesting to see Martha in Russia learning the language, and at the same time seeing the group of orphans in the park - very touching scene. Based on what was said, my guess is that her "handlers" there will help her adopt one of the orphans, so she won't feel so alone. In the previous seasons (before Martha was forced to "defect"), I always got the impression she wanted kids with Philip.

Still this unanswered question:

1) Is Stan Beeman's gf (L. Holden) a spy? She moved in with Stan & is encouraging him to stay on the task-force/program he's working on, even though he's got misgivings. So, is she doing this just because she's a concerned gf, or does she have an ulterior motive?

As I've & others have been saying all season, I really hope they time-jump to 1989 in S06 - and have everything in the season lead up to the fall of the Berlin Wall in the series finale. That would be perfect. Again, if they end the series with Jesus Jones' Right Here, Right Now playing over the end credits that would be a brilliant, appropriate, and perfect song to finish off the series. I hope the producers/writers of the show are listening
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 06-06-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    She moved in with Stan & is encouraging him to stay on the task-force/program he's working on, even though he's got misgivings. So, is she doing this just because she's a concerned gf, or does she have an ulterior motive?
    That was the moment that clinched it for me. I think a new, concerned girlfriend would be just supportive of ANY choice her boyfriend made, especially if it would not affect his salary (since he said he would still be with the FBI). But she was a little too opinionated that he stay specifically in the position he has with counterintelligence, suggesting she doesn't want to lose her asset.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    That was the moment that clinched it for me. I think a new, concerned girlfriend would be just supportive of ANY choice her boyfriend made, especially if it would not affect his salary (since he said he would still be with the FBI). But she was a little too opinionated that he stay specifically in the position he has with counterintelligence, suggesting she doesn't want to lose her asset.
    Agreed. I also think a new gf wouldn't be as opinionated as the L. Holden character was here - i.e., if her new boyfriend told her he was getting stressed out at his job & wanted to change positions (but not actually leave the job), most women would probably be supportive of this....especially in a new relationship where they would be worried about overstepping their bounds too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    It was interesting to see Martha in Russia learning the language, and at the same time seeing the group of orphans in the park - very touching scene. Based on what was said, my guess is that her "handlers" there will help her adopt one of the orphans, so she won't feel so alone. In the previous seasons (before Martha was forced to "defect"), I always got the impression she wanted kids with Philip.
    Well, they kind of eluded to that. The guy knew the little girl's name already, and it seems like she may be given to Martha.

Also, on another note....we need the Rock IV song "Burning Heart" by Survivor in one of these ending montages. Maybe after a confrontation between Philip and Stan.
    Last edited by BIGJIM; 06-08-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Yes, and it was Gabriel who set the whole thing up for Martha.
    "You're solid gold, I'll see you in hell"
    this is what I do when I'm not out collecting, check it out:http://dribbble.com/MEANS1974
    MEANS Feedback Thread

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829