Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Americans on FX

Good episode of The Americans this past week.

I'm not surprised that Paige broke up with Matthew Beeman. I could tell she was never really that into him. It's obvious that her parents are relieved about this.

I'm still on the fence about Stan Beeman's new gf (Laurie Holden) re: whether or not she's a spy assigned to get close to Stan. When Philip asked Gabriel about this, Gabriel said he didn't think so, but that he wasn't sure - since "the center" wouldn't tell him if they knew anyway. There are so many layers of secrecy in this series that it's unclear if Gabriel is lying or definitely doesn't know the answer. I.e., I would not be surprised if she was a spy & Gabriel knew it but didn't want to tell Philip for whatever reason; or, she's a spy but maybe Gabriel genuinely didn't know because the center hadn't told him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    So what's up with Gabriel's mixed message concerning Paige? Just a change of heart or is he trying to create something between Phil and Elizabeth? Does he want them to separate because he thinks Phil is weakening?
    Good question. Gabriel may be playing mind games with Philip/Elizabeth. I don't think he necessarily has their best interests at heart, as he wants them to believe.

Maybe she's there in part to keep the entire Stan/Phil/Elizabeth thing from blowing up? I mean Gabriel thinks Phil is weakening, Paige is dating an FBI counter-intelligence agent's son and Elizabeth would probably snap Matthew's neck in a heart beat if she even had a whiff of him catching onto something...inserting another agent in between them all just to be there in case things start to go south fast would be smart. She might get a sense of something from Stan before he acts on anything and can warn Phil and Elizabeth...or snap Stan's neck in a heart beat or help Phil have an "accident"....just so the entire operation isn't blown. I could see something like this going on maybe.
    Last edited by sinkie; 04-21-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

So what's up with Gabriel's mixed message concerning Paige? Just a change of heart or is he trying to create something between Phil and Elizabeth? Does he want them to separate because he thinks Phil is weakening?
    I think he knows that Phil was right about keeping Paige out of the loop regarding the spy business, because he saw too much of Phil in Paige when he met her. Plus, he seemed remorseful about the life he's led, and he knows Paige won't be able to, or shouldn't have to deal with it.

Maybe she's there in part to keep the entire Stan/Phil/Elizabeth thing from blowing up? I mean Gabriel thinks Phil is weakening, Paige is dating an FBI counter-intelligence agent's son and Elizabeth would probably snap Matthew's neck in a heart beat if she even had a whiff of him catching onto something...inserting another agent in between them all just to be there in case things start to go south fast would be smart. She might get a sense of something from Stan before he acts on anything and can warn Phil and Elizabeth...or snap Stan's neck in a heart beat or help Phil have an "accident"....just so the entire operation isn't blown. I could see something like this going on maybe.
    This makes sense. So, it would be amusing if, despite all our speculation to the contrary, Stan's gf turned out to be....just that, a girl he met at a gym and ended up dating/having a relationship with.

I mentioned before that several seasons ago I suspected Father Tim & his wife of being spies that were planted to keep an eye on Philip Elizabeth & to possibly "recruit" Page. However, since then it's been made obvious that they are just who they appear to be.

That all being said & as I've mentioned before, Laurie Holden is drop-dead gorgeous - and, seems WAY out of Stan Beeman's league. So, the likely-hood of her not being a spy is slim - given that I doubt a woman who looked like her would genuinely be into Stan. That also being said, I've seen hot women paired up with fat slobs & schlubs like Stan IRL, so anything's possible - I guess.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 04-21-2017 at 05:59 PM.

I'm still convinced she's Stan's speCIAl lady.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

If she's CIA it could be interesting that she figures out somehow who Phil or Elizabeth really are and they have to take her out before she can relay the information to either her own people or Stan himself. Would be nice and tense...though sad to see Laurie go!
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

If she's CIA it could be interesting that she figures out somehow who Phil or Elizabeth really are and they have to take her out before she can relay the information to either her own people or Stan himself. Would be nice and tense...though sad to see Laurie go!
    Oh well - her character died in TWD TV series, so it would be par for the course - LOL.

Really good episode last night
    -Philip dumped...has he lost his mojo? Dierdre seemed interested when he called back and said he was married
    -Elizabeth doing her best Mr. Miyagi impression with Paige in the garage, and holy flashback to season one with the rape story!
    -Evgheniya with a little side action
    -Sofia doesn't seem too stable, she's gonna ruin Beeman and Aderholt's plan
    -Claudia, I don't believe you for one second, careful or Elizabeth will punch you in the face again!
    -Oleg, thankfully you burned the tape/map or were they there because you looked up your mom's file??

-Looks like Tuan's trust get's questioned next week
    "You're solid gold, I'll see you in hell"
    this is what I do when I'm not out collecting, check it out:http://dribbble.com/MEANS1974
    MEANS Feedback Thread

I realize I'm completely fuzzy on what is up with the Sophia character...is she working for the Russian Embassy? Even the internet isn't helping me on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by MEANS View Post
    -Sofia doesn't seem too stable, she's gonna ruin Beeman and Aderholt's plan
    I have not decided yet....

1. The easy guess.....She is going to screw up and get caught/offed by the Russians, leaving her kid to be sent back to the USSR
    2. The reach.....She is actually working them, and doing it well. Let's not forget, The Jennings' have been giving the centre reports on Stan. Maybe Sophia is an agent and is playing the role of the shy innocent to gain his trust.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324