Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2013

Toy Fair 2013

Discuss the UK, US and Australian Toy Fair's here.

The UK toy Fair is on at the moment, no new figures revealed except a larger scale Anakin to Vader figure but we do have a glimpse at the new Vader artwork which will no doubt be on the future toy packaging (pic) after Yoda is done with which at least is something I suppose.

Hasbro

They are not revealing any figures. Those will be revealed at the New York Toy Fair. The representative I spoke with hinted that the new figures are going to be based around the 3D releases, that's all I could get out of them. Only one I got pictures of is the Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader figure with light up lightsaber. Depending on when it's Anakin or Vader it lights up blue or red and you can add the armour.

Darth Vader voice changer which they had a cardboard mock up of and red/blue/green lightsabers.

Also had Star Wars Angry Birds. Currently have launch packs and Millennium Falcon. Coming soon is the Darth Vader Jenga, Star Destroyer & Tie Fighter sets which will be out Autumn/Winter.

What I can say? There better be something coming in under the radar because if all we see is what they showcased last year, they'll be Hell to pay.
    Wish List: Klaatu, Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Weequay (sail barge), Saelt-Marae, Tessek, Geezum, Fozec, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Merc Pilot, Gailid.

I hope that Vader design is not official art for the ROTS release. I can see the Hasbro meeting now---

Marketing Guy : "Dude remember that awesome movie poster for Ang Lee's HULK? What of instead of Hulk we had VADER?? And get this- not real Vader- CARTOON Vader!! Look- He's like holding the product with his big hand!!"

DDP: "A truly bold design choice. I'm there!"
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

That Vader packaging is pretty awful. Makes me glad I don't collect boxed/carded anymore, for sure.

So, what scale is that anakin to vader figure?
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive (top left)

Looks like 8"-10" and not articulated much...
    My Clone Wars Retail Droid Just Went Up Significantly In Value

Quote Originally Posted by lordtyrannus View Post
    I hope that Vader design is not official art for the ROTS release. I can see the Hasbro meeting now---

Marketing Guy : "Dude remember that awesome movie poster for Ang Lee's HULK? What of instead of Hulk we had VADER?? And get this- not real Vader- CARTOON Vader!! Look- He's like holding the product with his big hand!!"

DDP: "A truly bold design choice. I'm there!"
    GOD AWFUL......and poor...I mean,I like Vader as much as the next guy.....but that's HIDEOUS.....

Who is making these decisions.......???!!!

Darren
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

The thing that bothers me is just the absolute silence going on right now. No news, rumors, anything. Yeah, they said they scrapped BAD, but didn't elaborate. I'm not sure if them keeping us in the dark is because they've got an ace up their sleeve or it's because things are a mess right now. If it's true they're basing the line around the two 3D releases this year, then it's going to be a very slow year.
    Wedge is a Tribe fan.

Yeah, I do not like this stuff at all, what is Hasbro thinking?

Honestly I'm not expecting much from here either, we basically know what's is/could be coming based on the first two waves of BAD.
    I'm pretty sure they're still going to stay with that formula concerning the figures that relate to the 3D releases.

We've already been told that nothing is coming before then, and now the only thing coming is based on the 3D movies.
    So do we assume that anything other than ATOC or ROTS related, will not see pegs this year or even the next?
    Considering 2014 is about OT3D, will we only see figures that coincide with those movies as well?
    And anything that is EU or PT related will not be seen during 2014 either?

IMO it would then make the line a very small and limited one for both years, then they'll obviously move onto the ST for 2015.

Seems like the window for other figures, namely EU will possibly not see the light of day for some time.
    If so it's sad because I was hoping for a couple more from TOR, and a few from other sources as well.

Personally if that's the case it will mean I wont have much to buy for the next few years.
    At present I only need two figures(from what we've seen) form AOTC, and if they use the same formula for ROTS I'll most likely only buy a few from it as well.
    Looking for: Jedi Temple Guard X2, TBS Han and Leia TFA, MU Quasar, Vision Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM.
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast