Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The SWCA Vintage Podcast 35: Baggy Faced Bossk

The SWCA Vintage Podcast 35: Baggy Faced Bossk

In this months issue we talk about about Bossk and his amazingly impractical fashion sense. Also, we chat about Hanukkah Rancors vintage furbys unloved dop kits and explain the meaning of olive heads, 31 backs and PPL. Our market watch shows how to put together a near complete Bossk focus for under $1,000. Our nugget features a call to the great Wookiee killer himself, Ron Salvatore, to discuss a Hard Copy and a captivating Mini-Rig.
    New features include “Rugby Betting” and “Steve Filps the Script.” All this plus the news we didn’t get to last month in the Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast.

Chive Cast 35: Baggy Faced Bossk
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

Looking forward to it! Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.
    Chris Wilkins
    My Feedback

Great Episode. Have been looking forward to it all week!

The talk of about the Ugnaught car was great! But you guys can stop playing dumb, I think it's time we let everyone know that it is indeed a legit MiniRig that was actually kit-bashed and even had packaging photography taken for the 1982 Toy Fair. I think keeping these discoveries from people really hurts the hobby, just like the secrecy that kept the B-Wing Pilot in Skiff Guard Disguise hidden from the general collecting public for so long. A gem like that deserved to be shared and I am probably going out on a limb here and making certain parties mad, but I think the true story of the "Ugnaught Car" needs to be shared.

As I mentioned above the Vehicle was originally planed as an extension of the Minirig line in 1982. A kit-bashed example was made. Packaging photography was taken and even a box mock-up was put together to be included in the 1982 Toy Fair catalog. However, with slower than expected sales of some of the other Minirigs, Kenner decided that instead of putting more money and effort into producing a new vehicle that didn't even appear in the film, that they would concentrate their efforts for 1982 on The Micro Collection. Unfortunately, The Micro Collection did not take off as expected and as we all know was cancelled after just one year. I would have hoped that Kenner would have resurrected the idea for this "lost" Minirig for ROTJ, but it just didn't happen. I have heard rumors that some designers did push for the return of the vehicle for the 1986 POTF line, but so far no paperwork has surfaced to back that up. So without further delay, I present to you the pride and joy of my collection. The UG-X!!!!!....

Currently looking for Ewoks Preschool and Plush items including protos, proofs, artwork, etc.
    My Feedback

Really enjoyed the last episode, looking forward to listening to this one.

Stupid question; what is the difference between the "Enhanced" and "Classic" download?

I can't believe I missed out on the UG-X. But what is that ugnaughts excavate? Awesomeness?
    Ron Salvatore (rsalvatore11@hvc.rr.com)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

I really do want one of these
    http://powerofthetoys.com/afa please check this out!

It's so rare it wasn't even in the movie.- Rick Springfield, Chivecast 46

Quote Originally Posted by ronsalvatore View Post
    I can't believe I missed out on the UG-X. But what is that ugnaughts excavate? Awesomeness?
    Carbon?????
    Currently looking for Ewoks Preschool and Plush items including protos, proofs, artwork, etc.
    My Feedback

I've got a ugnaught car stuck to the bottom of my table. Nice show guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod_Zutton79 View Post

Words cannot express how much I love this!

Great episode, guys!

I really want one of those. But not as much as my wide. But she is an ugnaught.
    Wanted: TIE Pilots- ESB-C Baggie/ Rare Foreign MOCs/Prototypes
    Check out our podcast: http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast