Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    No you didn't.

But I'm done.

Have fun!
    Yes I did.

And you were done a few pages back.

Peace.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-21-2017 at 09:18 AM.

ehhh, if you say so. Once I thought about it-I actually know many people named Kanan, Sabine, Hera, Ezra, Lando, Jabba, and Galen, Hondo, Sheev, Jyn, Anakin, Saw, Cassian, Baze, & Chirrut. I was backwards, you see-I actually NEVER met anyone named Rose!! Just Ethel, Grace, Dorothy and Beatrice (maybe they'll be Resistance officers) I guess I can't explain it properly. Sorry, but Rose is just too familiar a name to me for a main SW character-I just hope it's a nickname, ultimately it won't matter though in the grand scheme of things, just a thought as it struck me a bit simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
    No, this isn't what happened in the movie.

I just played it a couple of times and I don't think the person is saying "I love you". I believe it is Leia saying "help me, Obi-..." (at which point it fades out).

I heard others suggesting the same thing about the cave. Possible but I hope they aren't repeating the "vision cave" stuff.

I wasn't criticising your use of spoiler warnings. By "that is not a spoiler" I meant that there is nothing spoilery or potentially spoilery about The Last Jedi being Luke.

Simply because he is the last Jedi. This is made clear throughout TFA - in fact it is in the crawl and I believe Snoke also says it.

It isn't going to happen.

As fantastic as the non-Force, non-Jedi aspects of Star Wars are, it is the Force and the Jedi that the most recognisable aspects of the franchise and the most popular. Look at Rebels and Rogue One. These are in a time period that was traditionally thought of as "Jedi-free" and yet Jedi and the Force are all over those projects.

Even from a purely business standpoint, Disney are not going to give u the Jedi brand.

Luke, Leia (Leah), Lando (I believe Calrissian is also an Earthly surname), Ben, Owen, Dexter, Ric, Cassian, Galen - I know a woman called Bodie. Several of the handmaiden's names are from the real world or mythology.

Then we have Ezra, Sabine, Hera, Kanan.

Slightly altered spelling doesn't make a difference. It may make it "look" a bit alien, but how many people in the audience have or will see the names in printed form as opposed to just hear them while watching the movies or shows?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-21-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    ehhh, if you say so. Once I thought about it-I actually know many people named Kanan, Sabine, Hera, Ezra, Lando, Jabba, and Galen, Hondo, Sheev, Jyn, Anakin, Saw, Cassian, Baze, & Chirrut. I was backwards, you see-I actually NEVER met anyone named Rose!! Just Ethel, Grace, Dorothy and Beatrice (maybe they'll be Resistance officers) I guess I can't explain it properly. Sorry, but Rose is just too familiar a name to me for a main SW character-I just hope it's a nickname, ultimately it won't matter though in the grand scheme of things, just a thought as it struck me a bit simple.
    There are plenty of people in the real world with those names.

A person doesn't have to know the people personally.

And Hondo is the name of a John Wayne character in a movie of the same name and there was a TV how called Hondo too. So that name isn't alien either.

And I notice you brushed passed Luke and Leia (Leah) above. Not unusual names at all, now or in the 1970s.

When I first heard the name during the Celebration panel, I was but it can't be truly judged until we know the character. I would imagine that there is some reason for naming her Rose that suits the character.

There usually a meaning in the names, isn't there? I have it in my head there is, though I don't remember any of them.

maybe not, just in my part of the world when i was 5, I knew no one named Leia. or Luke.or the rest. all done man, you're right.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-21-2017 at 10:14 AM.

I'm hoping that Rogue One has inspired Johnson and Treverow to add some fist fights and brawling to their movies.

It was something sorry lacking in the OT (thankfully Lucas remedied that in II & III).
    Why would anyone resort to physical interaction in a Galaxy where Blasters, Laser Swords and the Force are an every day occurrence?

Now, in Han Solo Movie. a Bar brawl might makes sense.

Oh, and my apologies if I interrupted whatever this back and forth was.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2 Director Krennic Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

no, it's just one way.

maybe not, just in my part of the world when i was 5, I knew no one named Leia. or Luke.or the rest. all done man, you're right.
    As I said it is irrelevant whether we personally know people with these names. This doesn't change the fact that these are real world names and some are quite commonly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Why would anyone resort to physical interaction in a Galaxy where Blasters, Laser Swords and the Force are an every day occurrence?

Now, in Han Solo Movie. a Bar brawl might makes sense.

Oh, and my apologies if I interrupted whatever this back and forth was.
    because fist fights can be awesome.

Cowboys have guns and throw punches.

Obi-Wan has the Force and still got into brawls. And of course, we have Rogue One.

no, it's just one way.
    I believe Masterfett was referring to the other conversation.

Regardless, how was ours "one way"?

To be honest, I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out. There is another voice after Rey says "darkness".

Somebody says "... Dark Side".

Any idea of the full phrase or voice?
    I listened to that a few times and can't make it out at all.
    I love the smell of FREEDOM in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_X View Post
    I listened to that a few times and can't make it out at all.
    We'll find out eventually.

No doubt someone is dissecting the audio at this very moment.

If I'm correct the first line is, "Help me Obi-Wan..."
    The second is, " He was seduced by the dark side..."
    The third, "Surrounds us, binds us..."
    The Walt Disney Company is the worst studio to have purchased Lucasfilm, except compared to all the other entertainment conglomerates that could have.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465