Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,307 of 1307

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BiggsNoAdsystem View Post
    Then there’s the “prank call” between Poe and Hux. In TFA, Hux is intimidating and sinister, but this scene made him out to be an idiot, which makes it impossible to see him as a threat, and if you can’t see the villain as a threat, there’s no point in making a good-versus-evil story.
    IMO, Hux was always a chump. He shouted a lot but never struck me as particularly bright. TLJ just cemented him as kind of a little b*tch. And why do you have an issue with the Poe scene, but not the scene immediately following it where Snoke literally mops the floor with him? That was the point where any shred of hope Hux had to ever be anything other than a whiny brat dressing up in Daddy's uniform went out the window. And, personally, I don't mind this portrayal, and find it intensely amusing to see him become effectively the bad guys' comic relief; the Cobra Commander to Snoke's (and later Kylo's) Serpentor.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers & Death Star Gunner.

I had a problem with Snoke flip flopping Hux all over the ship. In every other SW film those kinds of scenes were much more subtle. Someone would start quietly chocking or something. In TLJ, it looked like a Three Stooges routine.

This is a fun little parody of Star Wars fan criticism (because if you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, then you might be taking all of this a bit too seriously):
    https://youtu.be/7G_QaieZCFA

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    This is a fun little parody of Star Wars fan criticism (because if you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, then you might be taking all of this a bit too seriously):
    https://youtu.be/7G_QaieZCFA

This got proper out loud laughing from me.

"What if I COULD get through the book Truce at Bakura, and it was great..."

ozzfan84:
    Definitely. Although I love probably half of the Marvel movies, even the ones that I love have at least one or two eye rolling lines. Ragnarok is the best example of the lame, meta humor. I would say Deadpool is the worst, but he’s always had a Muppets humor about him. Still don’t like it, but you do go into that movie expecting that humor. But I digress.

I also agree with your well-placed-jokes comments. Another of my favorite Indy lines is: “What is that?” “The ark of the covenant.” “Are you sure?” “Pretty sure.”

Kooshmeister: (Awesome name, btw. Not being sarcastic.)

When did I say that I don’t have an issue with the scene were Snoke mops the floor with Poe? I do. I have a problem with that and many other things in TLJ, but if I listed all of them, I'd be completely bald by the time I was done! I’ve never thought that Hux was brilliant, but to me, he seemed formidable in TFA.

When did I say that I don’t have an issue with the scene were Snoke mops the floor with Poe?
    It's just it didn't come up much if at all, ergo I assumed it wasn't an issue.

And I think we both accidentally suggested Snoke does it to Poe. XD
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 01-22-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers & Death Star Gunner.

considering he's responsible for the death of billions, yeah he's formidable. Up against/compared to Force users, well that's a different thing.
    ozzfan84:
    Definitely. Although I love probably half of the Marvel movies, even the ones that I love have at least one or two eye rolling lines. Ragnarok is the best example of the lame, meta humor. I would say Deadpool is the worst, but he’s always had a Muppets humor about him. Still don’t like it, but you do go into that movie expecting that humor. But I digress.

I also agree with your well-placed-jokes comments. Another of my favorite Indy lines is: “What is that?” “The ark of the covenant.” “Are you sure?” “Pretty sure.”

Kooshmeister: (Awesome name, btw. Not being sarcastic.)

When did I say that I don’t have an issue with the scene were Snoke mops the floor with Poe? I do. I have a problem with that and many other things in TLJ, but if I listed all of them, I'd be completely bald by the time I was done! I’ve never thought that Hux was brilliant, but to me, he seemed formidable in TFA.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131