Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,255 of 1255

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Okay, because it's a fake movie they can simply make BS plot points? I'm not saying everything need rooted in scientific facts or Earthbound reality. But it should at least appear to no come across as lame. That whole idea of slow motion chase I can live without, hope to never see it again.
    Its interesting to me, what people can take from a movie. I didnt even notice that this was a slow chase movie. Wasnt there a scene where hux explains why they are slowly chasing them. I just assumed that the resistance ship was going at a fast enough speed to not get blown up by the FO, but was using up their fuel in the process. Hux was just toying with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Okay, because it's a fake movie they can simply make BS plot points? I'm not saying everything need rooted in scientific facts or Earthbound reality. But it should at least appear to no come across as lame. That whole idea of slow motion chase I can live without, hope to never see it again.

Think of the star ships being used, for the plot's sake, like ships on the ocean. The larger ones being less agile, less speedy. Sure it isn't a perfect analogy but there is so much tech in SW that just doesn't follow any real logic nor physics or does so only when required. I think part of the problem might be the longer the franchise goes on the more it begins to establish in-universe rules. And the more rules it makes the more likely it is that they can contradict or point to story moments in other films that seemed not to take advantage of them. So yes, they need to start being more careful going forward though I'm still pretty good with it all up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by edbates View Post
    Its interesting to me, what people can take from a movie. I didnt even notice that this was a slow chase movie. Wasnt there a scene where hux explains why they are slowly chasing them. I just assumed that the resistance ship was going at a fast enough speed to not get blown up by the FO, but was using up their fuel in the process. Hux was just toying with them.
    And Hux is a psycho. Snoke says so, calls him a rabid cur I believe. And the Visual Dictionary tells that he murdered his own FO ranking father to further his career and takes pleasure in killing. He may be no "keeps it in his holster" Tarkin but he's at least behaving according to the way his character has been conceived.
    Last edited by sinkie; 01-09-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Whether or not you think it's lame, is entirely subjective - and I certainly don't begrudge you that opinion. I liked the movie, but I agree that they could have come up with a more interesting way to do that part.

But from a plausibility standpoint, it's really not inconsistant with the other movies. There's not single Star Wars movie that can't be nit-picked for stuff like that. If you're a Star Wars fan, and you don't have a problem with it in the other movies, why complain about it now?

It's like complaining that the ships make sound in space. It's true that it's not realistic, but if that sort of thing really bothers you, it's difficult to understand why you would be participating in a Star Wars message board in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    just looking for in-universe consistency; not scientific-accuracy.
    maybe they can rewrite the opening scene of ANH, to match with TLJ now..?

the rebel cruiser 'zooms' past the camera's POV .. the ISD lumbers along in hot pursuit..
    cut to: Vader on the Bridge.

officer: "he HAVE them my lord! but they are lighter and faster and it will take a while before they run out of fuel."
    Vader: "How Long..!?"
    officer: "about a week sir. don't worry. we'll soon have those Data Tapes!"
    Vader: " Prepare My Shuttle.. and Book Me A Room At The Hilton. I'm going to Canto Bight. Call me if anything changes.."
    officer:"Yes Sir! Right away sir!"

(at least it would be consistent).
    Except via Rogue One we know that the Tantive jumped away and was almost immediately followed. It stands to reason that the ISD jumped in system close enough that the Tantive was still in range of it's guns giving them the opportunity to damage it and get in range for a tractor beam.

If you could at least make a slight effort to use some critical thinking skills (if you possess any) then you would not need to have simple details explained to you and the films would be much more enjoyable. Or you're just an unpleasable nihilist that nothing is good enough to meet your expectations of Star Wars.

My opinion: There’s a lot I love about TLJ, and there’s a lot I don’t love, like the humor and the portrayal of Luke. but I’ll talk about two things that, as far as a I can tell, aren’t talked about as much...

I am SO bummed by the drab colors of most of the costumes in this movie and in TFA and RO. I can’t figure out what the thinking is behind it. I feel crushed almost every time I see them. There are times when they look far too real-world-military to me. It’s like the Endor camo is being taken to the extreme.

Star Wars has always had a natural, mostly non-flashy look to it which is one of the many things that makes it so cool, but it’s been taken way too far. The Canto Bight Police have my favorite costumes in TLJ. Their costumes are an example of what I’d love to see more of.

Also – With the exceptions of Ackbar, Nien, and a couple other small aliens, previously seen alien species are not in TLJ and TFA.

In ROTJ, TPM, AOTC, ROTS, and RO we saw previously seen species. You’d see a Twi'lek, a Rodian, etc in those movies. Sometimes in the background, sometimes not. It’s essential and fun to see brand new species, but seeing the earlier ones in new movies was so much fun and added continuity to the movies.

Aaaaand I just saw that Michael Kaplan is designing the costumes for episode 9. Not a surprise, but %@(!*#$^!
    Excuse me while I go outside and kick some rocks, like a grown up should do in times like these.

So for those of you who are still awake, this concludes my rambling, poorly written post.
    Last edited by BiggsNoAdsystem; 01-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126