Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1241

Thread: What are you currently playing?

Ive been playing Grandia 1 on my PSP. Neat game but im not fond of the game not having save crystals everywhere in order to take a break from the game.

I just bought a new PC and i'm going back to my gaming past.

Jedi Knight series, X-Wing Series, Half Life series

I also downloaded the two KOTOR games. I haven't played it, but i have heard so much about it. Can't wait.

I've been playing MLB 18 The Show. I started my franchise and am currently following along with the real life MLB season. I'm playing as the Red Sox, and I got the exact same record so far as the real life Sox.

I thought that i'd give Star Wars: The Old Republic a go for 6 months.

I haven't played any RPG's yet. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I thought that i'd give Star Wars: The Old Republic a go for 6 months.

I haven't played any RPG's yet. Any tips?
    I played as an uninterrupted subscriber from launch up until about 6 months ago. Actually I played since Beta and was an early access pre-order collector edition player.

That being said the game is in its worst state ever. It was great for a the first few years when it was all about the Empire vs Republic. But they did a time jump of 5 years and totally did away with the Empire vs Republic storyline and really hurt the game. The Knights of the Eternal Throne and Knights of the Fallen Empire expansions we're just awful.

The switch to free to play seemed to really improve the overall health of the game initially but in the long run it just ended up as a watered down version of the vanilla game.

I would actually spent a few minutes on the SWTOR Reddit if I were you. For the most part it's way less toxic than the official forums and they have expansive new player guides.

You will really enjoy the 1-50 storyline for whatever class you choose - it's the end game and expansions where things really take a dive.

Thanks HothHan.

I played it for a while last night and it's pretty interesting. I do keep dying though, so i have a steep learnig curve. It looks like the sort of game that you need to dedicate a lot of time to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Thanks HothHan.

I played it for a while last night and it's pretty interesting. I do keep dying though, so i have a steep learnig curve. It looks like the sort of game that you need to dedicate a lot of time to.
    No problem. I played religiously for the better part of 6 years so I would honestly consider myself an expert in the evolution of the game. Ask me anything you can think of.

Although it seemed like I was being hard on the same in my post I'll will admit that it's still my favorite game ever with lasting memories.

I agree with pretty much everything HothHan said. The Eternal Empire expansions were so bad that I never even got through what I had unlocked by subscribing with any of my characters.

The original 1-50 class specific storylines will keep you entertained but there are definitely some less than stellar stories. My only recommendation in that department is: don’t play the Jedi Consular story first, it’s hot garbage. Others will disagree, but I think the Sith Warrior storyline is the best at keeping you engaged the whole way through.

I've started as a Smuggler. typically, i've not been able to play it since i downloaded it, but i'm hoping to get a few hours in this week.

The smuggler class is one of the tougher to start with in my opinion. I'd tend to agree with Jedirevan - start with the Sith Warrior. Great story and easier to learn the ins and outs of the gameplay mechanics.

Also the Sith/Republic classes mirror each other gameplay wise. So Sith Warrior = Jedi Knight, Smuggler = Agent, Bounty Hunter = Trooper, Consular = Inquisitor.

Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast