Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sideshow 1:1 Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJoe View Post
    I just bought this 1:1 full sized Yoda right out of the display case at Disneyland 2 weeks ago.

I saw it initially at Disney World 2 weeks earlier and I asked if the passholder discount was available on it. I was told no and that in addition, since it was their last one, they couldn't sell it. For $3,000 I thought it was pretty pricey and wouldn't have bought it anyway but it stuck with me. Flash forward two weeks and they had one in Disneyland, I almost jokingly asked about the passholder discount and they said yes. With 20% off it brought the price down to $2,400 and shipping maxes at $39 under the new pricing policy so I did it. Pretty crazy buying it right out of the case.

I've never bought anything like this before and I don't want to just "set it out" . I'd really like to place Yoda in some sort of glass / plexiglass case of some sort.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting a case for it?

Thanks in advance!
    Congratulations on getting the life-size Yoda. I did something similar but of a lesser value a few years ago when I bought the Legendary scale Obi-Wan bust from the Terminator ride ( that's right), in Universal Studios Orlando. I don't know if they still have one but, they used to have a showroom with many Sideshow pieces for sale there, so I just got mine out of the glass case. It was exciting.

As far as buying a case for your Yoda, you can try contacting some acrylic display makers in your area. If that doesn't work, I know casesforcollectibles.com has been of great help to many collectors before. Good luck, and enjoy your purchase!

Acrylic display Case & Frames | Display Racks | Cases for collectibles
    Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am to 4:30 pm EST.
    TOLL FREE 1.800.582.9038

Last edited by LightSword; 02-04-2016 at 03:02 AM. Reason: adding link
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

Just saw there is a preorder for this (again)? Looks just like the one previously available but not shipping until end of year. Anyone know what this is about?

It has no fix ES and they can prodeuce him as often as they like and whenever they like.

Thanks; I had wanted it before and it sold out before I could pull the trigger on it. Now
    im back on the fence.

I ordered this from Sideshow forgetting about the import and custom fees coming into Australia. $630 FedEx charged me. I'm going to have to go back to ordering locally.
    it is an awesome piece though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345