Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    To each their own, my Vader's orange hues are perfect and I think it's what makes the statue unique. Outside of the McQuarrie Vader this is my favorite Vader statue out there.
    You should get Iron Studios Vader, it is amazing

Although I thought it looked nice I didn’t think the asking price was worth it for what it is..., I accept prices for collectibles constantly go up but they started with a massive leap compared to other companies & it put me right off. The Attakus 1:5 scale first Vader statue is the best around to date in my opinion, I only have it in the 1:10 scale release but that still looks great too..., the next noteworthy Vader statue for me is Gentle Giant’s 1:6 scale ESB kneeling version, that was a masterpiece, there are others I like but not standout like. Plenty around when it comes to Vader collectibles so we all have our favourites.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

For what I got the Mythos Vader for, and my personal love of this piece it's personally my favorite Vader. I had a chance to get the Attakus 1/5 Vader (1st one) for the same price and actually passed on it. I think it's a nice piece, but I like the artistic interpretation of this one better.

As for the kneeling Vader, not one I personally am a fan of. It's just an odd statue to me. I actually liked the GG 1/6 ROTS Vader better and used to own that one. I really liked that piece and somewhat regret getting rid of it long ago.

But like you said, we all have our favorites and thankfully when it comes to Vader there is no shortage of quality pieces out there .
    "He's no good to me dead"

With the "Dark Disciple" Mythos Darth Maul artwork inbound soon, I'm anxiously awaiting the Vader version (as well as Obi-Wan). I only own 2 Mythos statues so whichever comes first, that will be my first Sideshow art print.

The strong orange paint apps on Mythos Vader were a huge disincentive for me. I like the pose, but not the over weathering. I've seen a beautifully modded one with toned down orange and looked great. But to have it customized would cost too much for me being in EU. Iron Studios Vader received the Statue Forum - Statue of the Year 2017 Award and well worth it, as it is, in many collectors' opinions, the best Darth Vader statue out there so far. I like Attakus v.1 Vader, I only have the 1/10 one, but it is less accurate than both Mythos and especially Iron Studios.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    The strong orange paint apps on Mythos Vader were a huge disincentive for me. I like the pose, but not the over weathering. I've seen a beautifully modded one with toned down orange and looked great. But to have it customized would cost too much for me being in EU. Iron Studios Vader received the Statue Forum - Statue of the Year 2017 Award and well worth it, as it is, in many collectors' opinions, the best Darth Vader statue out there so far. I like Attakus v.1 Vader, I only have the 1/10 one, but it is less accurate than both Mythos and especially Iron Studios.
    I know you have mentioned many times before you aren't a fan of the overweathering on this Mythos Vader, but at least mine is perfect IMO. Again, I think I am a fan of more artistic visions of the characters than verbatim from the film statues. It's why I like the XM Fett, this Vader and the McQuarrie SS pieces so much.

Iron Studios Vader is nice, no doubt. Not for me as I prefer Polystone over mixed medium and anytime you add lights and internal electronics it scares me down the road what may happen, but again that's me personally.
    "He's no good to me dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I know you have mentioned many times before you aren't a fan of the overweathering on this Mythos Vader, but at least mine is perfect IMO. Again, I think I am a fan of more artistic visions of the characters than verbatim from the film statues. It's why I like the XM Fett, this Vader and the McQuarrie SS pieces so much.

Iron Studios Vader is nice, no doubt. Not for me as I prefer Polystone over mixed medium and anytime you add lights and internal electronics it scares me down the road what may happen, but again that's me personally.
    The only mixed media on Iron Studios Vader is the set of capes (and that makes each statue unique considering the unlimited options of display) and the pleather belt. As for electronics I don't use them, I only have Eneloops which light up the base and saber, didn't bother with the cell batteries, removed them all. But I totally agree that electronics are not a must for this type of collectibles
    Last edited by Sergiu; 07-16-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061