Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R2-D2 - Geonosis Factory - #09

R2-D2 - Geonosis Factory - #09

According to the pictures that have surfaced we'll be seeing a Geonosis R2-D2 with rockets in the first wave of 2013, in the build a Droid line.

Meh, it is an upgrade figure for me since I am sure it will be based off the BAD mold but with rockets. Much better than previous releases.

Boring choice, and this is coming from a hardcore astromech collector! Always hated the jets GL gave R2 in the prequels. The only thing remotely intriguing about this, is that it doesn't appear to be the BAD mold. The absence of shoulder couplings is a big giveaway.

I hope that R2 isn't the B-A-D figure...I doubt it though.

We have enough R2's already.

Should have given us AOTC 3PO instead.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!

Judging by the shape of the head, it's the BAD version of R2. I finally had a chance to examine that version up close recently and I don't like it because the dome is the wrong shape. Too fat and not nearly conical enough.

It's tempting to think of R2-D2's head as just a half circle, but it's not.

Here is a comparison of the film R2-D2 with the BAD sculpt:

I highlighted the differences in the shape of the head and you can see that the BAD mold is wrong. So far, only the TVC Sail Barge R2-D2 has come the closest to getting this detail correct.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

So, this version is one of the BADs that will come with Wave 1, right?

Not a bad choice. I'd rather have this as a BAD, than as a carded figure.

I do agree that a BAD C-3PO would be better.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    So, this version is one of the BADs that will come with Wave 1, right?

Not a bad choice. I'd rather have this as a BAD, than as a carded figure.

I do agree that a BAD C-3PO would be better.
    No, this appears to be part of Wave 1 of the new line coming out next spring. It seems to be the BaR2D2 sculpt with rockets. Pegwarmer (if he ever gets to stores). This will be a figure we'll gripe about clogging the pegs for future assortments...ugh.
    *Most Wanted: Hasbro to 'wise up'!

Isn't this just a re-release of the one with previously-yellow highlights on it?
    Another pass regardless, I'm afraid.
    Star Wars collector 1978-2012

It is that character again but with BAD parts.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast