Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New, unrevealed Indiana Jones Prototypes?

Quote Originally Posted by ShmashWitdaclub View Post
    Interesting. The Young Indy is a logical upgrade - presumably the saddle is intended to be paired with the existing Arabian Horse sculpt to get some more mileage. Always thought a second deluxe figure for the Last Crusade wave was strangely lacking.

Is it just me, or do the proportions and level of detail of the mine cart make it feel more like an Adventure Heroes item ?
    Screw Bo'Shek - I'm the only Rockabilly in the Star Wars universe...

I thought the same thing about the mine cart when I saw it.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events! I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that a Young Indy horse was a rumored item, but CTR has it listed as one on their Indy page.

I am slightly skeptical, but these really do look good.

I am not, though, getting an Adventures Hero vibe from the mine cart. The aesthetics on that line are extremely cartoony, this does not look that way to me, despite its proportions (it does look a bit wide.)

Who knows? Another interesting glimpse into what might have been?

If we're really lucky, Hasbro will release the mine cart with a couple figures for the Temple of Doom 30th anniversary in 2 years at Comic Con.

There are more unproduced Indy figures out there I have a couple coming my way.ill post some pics in the coming weeks.I don't no the numbers as of yet.Hasbro has done a great job hiding these,I don't no how long ago these were made they might have been done recently.I no someone who speaks frequently with a employee in the model shop and I'm going to try and find out what there plans we're for these figures.I'll let you guys no if I have any luck.
    Last edited by Aussie_Nick; 06-06-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    WTB:Ugnaught ESB 45 Back proof & POTF Cromalin.
    Always interested in buying first Shots,Proofs,Cromalins & Miscards of different characters.

This is ´nteresting.New young Indy is maybe coming.

These look fake or customized. Look at the pic of the disassembled Young Indy...the pegs are the normal color for the retail released figure, yet the rest of the color is that "prototype" gray....which looks like it was spray painted on. You can also see a brown color on the underside of the saddle, and faintly on the tracks of the mine cart. I've never heard of "prototypes" being primed like that. I don't know about these.

The Deluxe Mine Cart figure was to come with a version of Short Round. This one made it so far that WalMart even had shelf tags printed for it, but the figures never popped up.
    "For certain, ye have to be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was."

oh MAN......if someone could take that mine cart and make casts of them to sell at a fair price, i would TOTALLY buy that. that mine cart looks excellent! the young indy i have no interest in, but the mine cart ive been dieing for. i hope they can do what they did with the tough german headsculpt and cast them and make more to sell to fans and collectors.
    Last edited by Keaton33; 06-07-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Keaton33 View Post
    oh MAN......if someone could take that mine cart and make casts of them to sell at a fair price, i would TOTALLY buy that. that mine cart looks excellent! the young indy i have no interest in, but the mine cart ive been dieing for. i hope they can do what they did with the tough german headsculpt and cast them and make more to sell to fans and collectors.
    Drop me a pm - I've been doing a mine cart kit for a while now.
    Screw Bo'Shek - I'm the only Rockabilly in the Star Wars universe...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast