Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The huge lot - my Custom Head & Helmet sculpts - All of them

Quote Originally Posted by escapist View Post
    Out of curiosity, would it be possible to crunch some numbers to work out the optimum price for the heads and potentially reduce it further?

For example, you'd certainly get more sales if the heads were around $8 a head and the batches were still limited. And you mention using some heads as exclusives. Could you potentially offer heads up individually through Kickstarter so maybe you charge $10 a head individually and $40 for a bundle of 5.

Using my example of the two Cantina sets and reducing the price to $8 a head :

Cantina set 1
    5 heads - $40
    quantity available 50
    total revenue would be $2000

Cantina set 2
    5 heads- $40
    quantity available 50
    total revenue would be $2000

The combined revenue is still not too low at $4000. But if you had limited quantities of 8 out of those 10 heads (leaving an exclusive head for each set):

8 x Individual heads - $12
    quantity available of each head 25
    total potential revenue - $2,400

So that's 6,400 in total, based on the sale of 10 out of the 40 heads.

And then we're not even factoring in army builders like the Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers etc.... I doubt people would buy just one of those!!

How this equates to a Kickstarter project... no idea... but there's definitely more ways of reducing the cost for all but I'm not sure how many casts you were intending to get of each head...

The only problem I could see was if there was profit being made from these as that would surely pique Hasbro/LFL/Disney's interest.... And what if the target went way over and above and there were surplus funds.

I guess I'm unsure how big the customising community is or whether these would have crossover appeal to non-customisers... I mean it could encourage thousands to pick up paintbrushes if it mean accurate heads for Ponda Baba etc....

Sorry for more rambling, just really keen to see these made.
    Yeah, hard to say what Lucasfilm would say should they find out. I already know of several people IRL who would be interested in a couple of these heads and they're rookie customizers. So yeah, I think many of these heads would interests customizers and collectors, problem is getting the word out. Ebay would be the best place to go imo, but it's hard to say if it would be allowed by Lucasfilm. I think it would be harder to find buyers for lots of heads for a few different reasons, one thing is the price. Many people customize because it's cheaper than buying the real thing (Ponda for example) but with these heads being so amazing, I think it would be reasonable to charge $10-15 per head. Usually resin heads go for $6 on Ebay, but these are original and much higher detailed than what we get from Hasbro, so it would be fair t to charge a bit more and maintain a fairly large target market. Without the use of Ebay, it'd probably be best to let the other customizing sites know, like the Shipyard, Yakface, and even JTA and so on. I don't know what you guys are planning, just trying to help toss some ideas around

So where do I stand on that wait list? I'm not past 50 am I?

Im still interested at $15 a head, i agree on selling them as lots,
    but please also consider that some buyers might also only want 1 head from lot#1,
    so making these available individually would more than likelly increase sales.

Count me in on ordering, EverGrey sculpt are amazing!
    Most wanted Figure: Cantina Baglady

There isn't much a human body needs to survive: food, water, shelter... and a Mosep and Solomahal head cast. I NEED those characters for my Tat dioramas!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I would also be interested in some head scults at $15 a pop. There are about 8 i would like, but would be tough if each are in seperate bundles. But ill definitely sign up if a campaign is started.

I would hope that these heads can be sold at less than $15 a pop. Casted heads can be sold much cheaper. Regardless, I'm interested in some of these as long as they can be purchased individually and easily without going through a lot of hoops. My interest is still in the cantina patrons and imperial officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrviper View Post
    I would hope that these heads can be sold at less than $15 a pop. Casted heads can be sold much cheaper. Regardless, I'm interested in some of these as long as they can be purchased individually and easily without going through a lot of hoops. My interest is still in the cantina patrons and imperial officers.
    Hello everywone
    I would buy this in a heartbeat for the right price.
    I think they are outstanding.Evergrey did a phenomenal job.
    Last edited by sonicrip; 04-02-2013 at 03:49 AM.

I'm in for 8-12 depending on price. Let me know when/where to sign up and I'm there!

I'm going to try to have these up in about a week or so. Still working on the logistics of how to offer them that makes the most sense.

Rich

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast