Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Free JoeY

Free JoeY

Hey whats all this about Joe being banned? Hes one of the top knotch guys around here and something like this happens? Really? Everybody here knows that Joe speaks his mind and to be prepared for it. I can remember alot of other incidents here where members shouldve been banned but they are still posting, even if they scammed poeople out of cash. So bring Joe back. This is the Rhode Island One, Free Joe from bannery!
    For all your comic book needs, visit http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/

Whoa, Chris I thought you had gone bonkers with this thread but yeah I just saw he has the "banned" title under his name. Anyone know what happened?!

As one of the people who was given a hard time by Joe when I joined, I can wholeheartedly say he is an awesome dude who is ALWAYS willing to share his knowledge and help in this hobby. Hopefully this is something which can be righted....
    My UZAY website - http://www.uzaystarwars.com
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

I was kind of disappointed that there was no warning post by a mod, at least that I saw, before the ban. Shane used to drop in and let us know when we were on thin ice. The thread was deleted though, so maybe more stuff happened that I missed.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Quote Originally Posted by turkdlit View Post
    Anyone know what happened?!
    Thread was deleted, but basically a new guy posted a thread in the wrong section, and Joe gave him heck. It degraded from there. There's spill over in this thread if you need to see it... http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081229-6/

Leif
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

+1!!!

Joe is one of the most helpful, knowledgeable, friendliest guys you'll ever meet. Why would he get banned from a forum he's had more input on than most mods? It doesn't make sense. Heavy handed moderation will only drive true collectors away. How about a public warning before banishment?
    Fett Bootlegs ~ combination of luck, contacts, and willingness to spend like a retard when a real one comes up - Joe Yglesias

Thanks Leif, I did see that thread as well as the POTF post. Honestly his response in the POTF thread was a bit harsh, but we've all seen MUCH worse on here by other members who weren't punished so severely.

Swinging the ban hammer in this case seems pretty harsh.
    My UZAY website - http://www.uzaystarwars.com
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

+1 for public warning first.

I thought it was a joke too when I first heard about it. I was like Huh? Joe banned on RS? One of the top guys here who helped out so many new guys with answers to their questions? Well at least now we know not to say anything about modern stuff or we will get banned too. Shane please come back!

Yeah, the thread got ugly quick, although as i mentioned in that thread that it was really the new member went ballistic. Joe's contributions to the hobby are irrefutable and the fact that a skirmish with a dude who is upset that he cant find figures at garage sales, and cant read directions gets him banned just plain sucks. Hopefully it's just a temporary suspension.

Wow this is crazy. Seriously get banned cause people put something in the wrong spot and he told him that it dosen't belong there is a bit harsh. Joe has been a huge contribution to RS and was one of the first guys i talked to on RS. He sold me my first items i purchased on RS and got me into my new proof card focus. Free Joe

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast