Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The 30th Anniversary Collection General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Sandtrooper III ("Clean" Corporal - body #1) - http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLsand3.asp

Can someone tell me if this actually exist?
    I've been looking on E-bay for ages for one, but I just can't find it

Thanks!
    Here is a little history about this unicorn :
    what are the rarest 30th anniversary TAC toys?
    Quote Originally Posted by *___* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by urbnns69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *___* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by urbnns69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsMuseum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post

To me, this is the "Unicorn", Hasbro said that it was release in the wild but in limited numbers, but the only one that I know is this one shown here at Rebelscum by Mr. Curto, unless someone provides with pictures of this figure carded I will believe it, loose and customs don't count .
    I agree!
    Can anyone confirm that the Black Pauldron exists??? I have looked on eBay for over one year now with nothing ever showing up. Anyone have a picture (besides the RS one of course) to confirm that it was released. How about our friends at POTF2... they find everything.
    Todd D
    I'll bet Mr. Curto is still kicking himself for opening that one! I still have yet to hear about anyone besides him having it.
    It's a good thing I have 2 then: one loose, and one carded in a clamshell case.

Maybe Hasbro will re-release this one some day...I can ask.
    Wow! Congrats on still having one carded!

Even if they do re-release it, your carded TAC one will always be a holy grail in the collecting universe!

Nice!
    Interesting....maybe I should sell it? I'm an opener anyway, so the carded version I have can maybe go to a collector who'd really want it. Instead of it just sitting on my shelf, collecting dust....
    But don't worry if you still looking for this figure, it was mass released in 2008 and 2009 :
    SANDTROOPER (Corporal)
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Re: the TAC sandtrooper figure...there's an interesting story concerning the photo/painting on the card. Anyone know the answer?

Wow... thanks for the info, no wonder I've had no luck
    Yipee - The early words of Darth Vader...

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    Re: the TAC sandtrooper figure...there's an interesting story concerning the photo/painting on the card. Anyone know the answer?
    Click the banner for the entire interview :

March 20, 2007
    Story by Chris Rhoads (dustrho)

INTRODUCTION
    When Hasbro designs the images to be used on their card backs that will eventually entomb action figures, have you ever wondered how they come up with those images? Do they use models for some and their imagination for others? In the case of the upcoming Sandtrooper figure (set to be released in the Saga Legends collection), a very lucky Mike Harrison from the 501st Legion was called upon to provide them the image of an accurate looking sandtrooper from A New Hope. The funny thing, though, is that Hasbro never contacted him about it, but instead people noticed that Hasbro used one of his photos from his personal web site.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Mike regarding this, and also asked him several questions about him in the Star Wars galaxy.

Now the question I'm sure most of us want answered is this, what was your reaction in learning that Hasbro used a photo of you for their upcoming Sandtrooper figure? How did you learn about it? Did Hasbro contact you for permission to use your photo?

As a professional interweb surfer, I hit up web sites like Rebelscum a few times a day just to see what's new. I don't have any intentions of buying new Star Wars toys or collectables, but I enjoy seeing what companies come up with. That's when I saw the news blurb that linked to images of all the card backs for the new wave of figures, and the one with my photo jumped out. When I clicked on it, to see the larger image, I about had a heart attack. It was like a dream. I was speechless, shaking, it felt like I won the lottery. Once the news got out and I heard that it was the real-deal, I could only describe my feeling as humbled and honored. The reality is that the graphic artist who used my picture did so because he thought all the images that LFL supplied them were unusable. While I was never asked for permission (and that subject opens up all kinds of legal issues), I'm really not going to pursue it. The idea that I'm being immortalized as an action figure... the same kind of Star Wars action figures that fill my earliest childhood memories, is really life affirming. It's as-if my life-long devotion, hard work and commitment to this hobby and to Star Wars has really paid off. Now I get to look forward to signing action figures in 2007!

CONCLUSION
    If anyone deserves to be immortalized on a Hasbro Star Wars card back, it's Mike Harrison. I haven't had the opportunity of seeing it in person, but if you check out his photo galleries on his personal personal website. you'll see just how good his armor really looks. I'd like to thank Mike for allowing me to do this interview with him, and congratulations about Hasbro using your photo. Talk about a great honor that must be for you.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike at an event in MD., and he was nice enough to autograph my TAC action figure as himself & TD-1536...helluva nice guy.

Anyone have an extra TAC coin #53 Rebel Vanguard? I want to pick one up for a buddy to finish off his collection. Please pm me

Looking for infos guys, Hasbro made C-3PO with Battle Droid head : http://static.webshopapp.com/shops/0...droid-head.jpg

But did they made a 3.75" figure of the Battle Droid with C-3PO head? (in the 30th line or another line)

Last edited by Sturm86; 01-31-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

They had a DX pack in the SAGA line, where both a battle droid and C-3PO had interchangeable heads : http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxc3po.asp

Thanks for the info!

I've been looking for more but it seems this figure has never been released single carded, and the only way to get it is in this 2-pack (or to make a custom one).
    "Bobby U-Wing"

SO...anyone else here just to appreciate just how good we had it in 2007? Because 30th Anniversary Collection was one of a kind.
    My signature was last updated in 2008. I've changed it. Its still not interesting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast