Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well it finally looks like our fears can be confirmed

Well it finally looks like our fears can be confirmed

Star Wars Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper 3 line HK 1977 w orig. blaster 3/12 | eBay

This is one of the repro stormtroopers being sold as authentic. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by SF1138; 03-17-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I just reported him. I see in his feedback that he purchased some items recently from jediretrocards(who's auctions are all private)so we should keep an eye out for some more shady items.

James
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

I reported it as well. Nice catch Roger!

I hate to say it but it's like a virus. It will spread and there will be no way to contain it. What is to stop this person/persons from creating high grade fakes of multiple other figures?

I have also reported this! This is a dark day for the hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by eBayID:issacber
    Manufacturer: kenner
    Quote Originally Posted by eBayID:issacber
    Stormtrooper vintage 1977 perfect condition.
    Great description...
    wtb: 3 3/4" vintage Yoda first shots, top prices paid.

Lieutenant Commander Rolotomasi's Avatar

Hey Guys, from a newbie...what are the tells that this is a fake? Thanks!

To me the most telling things are: Right leg at the hip (angle of projection at joint and all the repro pics seem to have this "look", legs coming to a point versus wider stance, flashing at the lower part of the blaster mag, COO is the same as the repros. Less telling, but red flags came up with location and condition of figure, while not impossible for a mideast location to have a dead mint fig, VERY uncommon. I guess from studying the fakes it "read" the same to me, probably the way if you know looking at a MOC repro is fake in 2 seconds. I'm sure there are other signs, and most are intuitive. My guess is that these are nearly impossible to tell for a newbie without a reference photo or long term experience. It does have a realistic COO and looks "right," but too good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolotomasi View Post
    Hey Guys, from a newbie...what are the tells that this is a fake? Thanks!
    Last edited by SF1138; 03-18-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Lieutenant Commander Rolotomasi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SF1138 View Post
    To me the most telling things are: Right leg at the hip (angle of projection at joint and all the repro pics seem to have this "look", legs coming to a point versus wider stance, flashing at the lower part of the blaster mag, COO is the same as the repros. Less telling, but red flags came up with location and condition of figure, while not impossible for a mideast location to have a dead mint fig, VERY uncommon. I guess from studying the fakes it "read" the same to me, probably the way if you know looking at a MOC repro is fake in 2 seconds. I'm sure there are other signs, and most are intuitive. My guess is that these are nearly impossible to tell for a newbie without a reference photo or long term experience. It does have a realistic COO and looks "right," but too good.
    Thanks for the info. I looked at my stormtroopers and none have the leg angle you spoke of (these are my childhood toys) I guess the less obvious (angle of projection at joint..not sure what you mean) would be some of thie things I will have to pick up on. It is good to know the experienced collectors here are always on the watch for this kind of thing. Friends over at SWCC do the same and it helps guys like me out a great deal. Thanks to you all!!! Rolo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast