Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Wishlist Poll Thread

2012 Wishlist Poll Thread

Thought I'd start a new thread to keep it away from the last one.

This year we will have 10 categories

TPM - AOTC - ROTS - ANH - ESB - ROTJ - EU - CWR - CWA & Concept/Deleted scene figures.

The nomination phase will start shortly, please ensure you read the rules of the thread and ensure you know what your doing before voting!

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Your free to vote for whoever you'd like to see in figure form however no votes for the Tonnika Sisters. I don't want to see their name pop up.
    Is this seriously one of the rules?

I thought this was the Rebelscum WISHLIST Poll and we were free to vote for ANY we wanted, but now you're pulling some silly rule like this?

I'm sorry but the Tonnika Sisters are on a lot of people's wishlists, and those people that wish to see them made into figures should have the right to vote for them.

Please correct me if wrong, but have we ever had a character blacklisted in Wishlist Polls before?

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Please correct me if wrong, but have we ever had a character blacklisted in Wishlist Polls before?
    Yes, the Tonnika Sisters.

Hasbro has made it clear they aren't going to make them so they aren't being included in the poll period. You can toss a vote to them if you want but all your votes become void.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Hasbro has made it clear they aren't going to make them so they aren't being included in the poll period. You can toss a vote to them if you want but all your votes become void.
    Very well, I don't see why they must be banned from the polls though. Even though Hasbro has said they aren't going to make them that doesn't mean they won't.

Also the big problem I have is what I bolded. I can't even vote for them without all my votes becoming void.

Sorry, but that's a bit over the top, even if Hasbro isn't going to make them I should still be permitted to include them in my vote without my entries becoming void.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! - J
    oin the Cantina Crazies Collector's Group!

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Even though Hasbro has said they aren't going to make them that doesn't mean they won't.
    Man, after like how many years? Ever since 1995? It's been discussed ad nauseum that they can't be made because of legal issues. The argument that "Hasbro has said they aren't going to make them that doesn't mean they won't" doesn't really work in that regard. They aren't figures that Hasbro doesn't think will sell, they're figures that they can't sell. Period. Voting for them is pretty pointless. After how many ever years, I'm pretty sure they understand the demand, and if there was even the tiniest loophole, they'd probably be made by now. But they haven't and they won't. Can't see why people refuse to accept that.

But, seriously, it's like the nth time this has been brought up. I think leaving them out of the poll is a good move. It's getting pretty annoying.
    Last edited by BXR_1138; 03-09-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    OOT on Blu-ray? Make it happen, Disney.

Vehicle Campaign: E-Wing Fighter

This isn't the first time they have been "banned" from the polls. I believe Since did not allow any votes for them in the last two years as well. And no offense to you at all Garven, but voiding all votes by somebody who doesn't read the rules or ignores them doesn't seem too strong at all. Again, I am not just singling you out for this rule but for anybody who purposely ignored the other rules as well (say for instance voting all 30 choices with one movie) or voting for the same character more than once.

BTW GNT, did you make sure that was also a rule? I know every year a few try to be smart and vote for the same character 30 times, actually thinking that their votes will count as 30 votes towards that character.

And regarding the Tonnikas...Hasbro confirmed a couple years back that they know we want them and that there is demand for them to be made. But they can not make them.
    Last edited by Darth_Brett; 03-09-2012 at 04:38 AM.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous-Ewk Leia-Garouf Lafoe-Lak Sivrak-Klaatu-Sy Snootles (puppet)-Yotts Orren-Sim Aloo-Tzizvvt-Shasa Tiel-Piett-Barada-Yerka Mig-Solomahal-Cantina BndMmbr-BespEsc Leia-Reegesk-Tessek-Yoxgit-Vedain-SBarge Weequay-SalteMarae-Wuher-VelkenTezari-Taym Drengaren

Quote Originally Posted by BXR_1138 View Post
    Man, after like how many years? Ever since 1995? It's been discussed ad nauseum that they can't be made because of legal issues. The argument that "Hasbro has said they aren't going to make them that doesn't mean they won't" doesn't really work in that regard. They aren't figures that Hasbro doesn't think will sell, they're figures that they can't sell. Period. Voting for them is pretty pointless. After how many ever years, I'm pretty sure they understand the demand, and if there was even the tiniest loophole, they'd probably be made by now. But they haven't and they won't. Can't see why people refuse to accept that.

But, seriously, it's like the nth time this has been brought up. I think leaving them out of the poll is a good move. It's getting pretty annoying.
    Then Lucas needs to explain how they were able to appear in a Volkswagon commercial recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    Then Lucas needs to explain how they were able to appear in a Volkswagon commercial recently.
    Agreed. I really want these figures, but I understand the situation. At least Hasbro knows we want them.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    My thoughts on this matter. Lucas owns the concept of the sisters. He doesn't own one of their likenesses for whatever reason. Having another actress portray the character in a commercial is different then taking an actors likeness and cashing in on it. Lucas owns the concept/character of the Sisters therefore he can have another actress portray them in a commercial. I propose that we say screw the ANH sisters and have their commercial counter parts made instead. If the actress didn't want to give away her likeness so fans could enjoy a complete collection and is spiting us then I don't want said person in plastic ever. She doesn't deserve the honor. You were in a movie as a backgrounder be greatful you were part of a cinematic master piece.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    My thoughts on this matter. Lucas owns the concept of the sisters. He doesn't own one of their likenesses for whatever reason. Having another actress portray the character in a commercial is different then taking an actors likeness and cashing in on it. Lucas owns the concept/character of the Sisters therefore he can have another actress portray them in a commercial.
    This is 100% correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by CadBane
    I propose that we say screw the ANH sisters and have their commercial counter parts made instead. If the actress didn't want to give away her likeness so fans could enjoy a complete collection and is spiting us then I don't want said person in plastic ever. She doesn't deserve the honor. You were in a movie as a backgrounder be greatful you were part of a cinematic master piece.
    This has been discussed. While it might work from a legal standpoint, LFL doesn't want to bother spending the money to defend it just to make a figure that may or may not generate a profit.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast