Page 544 of 544 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 5440

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

On a side note, I am nearly positive that the color used on R4-M9 is Army color code OD2430. It's a very dark brownish olive drab used by the military in the 50's and later replaced in the 60's. Probably would have been a lot of it floating around for cheap by the time Star Wars was made.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    I'm still not sure what you are referring to but M9 in your picture has distinct panel edges visible in the white parts. Whether they open is not important to me. I just want to make sure I paint him right when that kit comes out.
    Well I'll be damned! Was looking at this thread at work yesterday on one of my hi-rez calibrated monitors, and sure enough, I could see the faint panel edges on M9. Wow. Mind blown! All this time I thought M9's dome had no panels. Guess I need a new monitor at home. lol Also need to take a closer look at the Blu-ray of ANH tonight!

But anyways, guess that answers your question, BARF. Just paint the dome panels the same off-white color as the rest of him and you're good!

Quote Originally Posted by TK114 View Post
    I am nearly positive that the color used on R4-M9 is Army color code OD2430. It's a very dark brownish olive drab used by the military in the 50's
    Thanks TK114
    You have answered a 30 year mystery for me
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

On a side note, I am nearly positive that the color used on R4-M9 is Army color code OD2430. It's a very dark brownish olive drab used by the military in the 50's and later replaced in the 60's. Probably would have been a lot of it floating around for cheap by the time Star Wars was made.
    How about Olive Drab? Too dark?
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    How about Olive Drab? Too dark?
    That is olive drab, just an older version of it. In the 60's they changed to a version with more green in it. I think the current version of olive drab is actually a lighter color than the older stuff but of course this will vary based on brand and such when going by model paint colors.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

That is olive drab, just an older version of it. In the 60's they changed to a version with more green in it. I think the current version of olive drab is actually a lighter color than the older stuff but of course this will vary based on brand and such when going by model paint colors.
    Perfect. I just happen to have a couple Tamiya bottles that I originally bought to do up a Grand Moff custom but never got around to it.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

That color looks like a great match, but I'd be more inclined to look at British Olive Drab colors since the droid was most likely painted in England where the art department was located. British OD Greens tend to be either darker/blacker or more grey than US OD Green. (I looked at early 70s British racing greens when looking at colors for R2-X2.)
    Last edited by DutchVander; 06-12-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

Must explain why TVC Tarkin as Olive Drab, they came across some long forgotten paint!
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Watched ANH on Blu-Ray last night, and the panels on R4-M9 were even more apparent. Not crystal clear, but you could easily make out all of them for the handful of frames he rolled by. I'm still kinda blown away by the fact I never noticed it. I think I always assumed he had none based on non-HD versions of the film I've watched in decades past, and also that production photo of the back of his dome, sitting on a table, waiting to be used for the X-Wing interior shots. Looking at that same photo again, I see it's overexposed due to the camera flash, so of course it would wash out any panel details. lol

Oh, does anybody have the Forces of Destiny Artoo and either the Bandai or Figuarts Artoo? I'm curious if they're close in scale.

Page 544 of 544 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544