Page 535 of 535 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535
Results 5,341 to 5,349 of 5349

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Deathspawn9000 View Post
    I googled something and was led to this site: https://sites.google.com/site/tbrooksstarwarsinfo/

Anyone seen this one before or is it PODs' and I'm just dense with weak google-fu?
    Yeah, it's 'old' stuff... and no, it's not POD's: he's supposed to be doing something colossal

Nice pics, EH! Thanks for sharing. I'm confused though. How can R2-M80 be repainted into the new orange one if both were photographed recently at that sci-fi con?

Also, anybody else notice most of the newer astromech droids are either neutral colors (black, white, gray/silver) or earth tones (yellow, orange, brown)? Let's get some more eye-catching colors in the mix! Still waiting on a solid blue R2 unit with white or silver panels, similar to a prototype BAD Disney showed off years ago. Really hoping some more bold colorways make it into the mix for Episode 9. My kingdom for a turquoise astromech!! lol

Scope the back row, just right of center, for the prototype blue R2, yet to be released at the parks.

Last edited by EmperorPalpitate; 04-22-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Nice pics, EH! Thanks for sharing. I'm confused though. How can R2-M80 be repainted into the new orange one if both were photographed recently at that sci-fi con?
    I think you saw Colin Barker's R2-D2 disguised with yellow decals...

Oh, I think I understand now. I assumed this pic was taken at the same event. I think you just included the pic for comparison. Backdrops looked similar.

It's funny how an instance of Hasbro choosing to be cheap with the paint apps has now influenced droid builders the world over. lol

Scope the back row, just right of center, for the prototype blue R2, yet to be released at the parks.

And the red R7 Head.

It's funny how an instance of Hasbro choosing to be cheap with the paint apps has now influenced droid builders the world over.
    Its a shame Hasbro couldn't reciprocate and be more correct in their astromech paint jobs.
    Last edited by Koth; 04-22-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    These ARE the droids we're looking for!

Koth's feedback Koth's Trading

I really want that solid blue R2 as well. It's like my favorite shade of blue. If I could get an R3 dome with matching blue panels to go along with it, I'd be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroworks View Post
    SOLO droids at Scarborough Sci-Fi Festival:

And yes, Mark: Mike Filippidis' R2-M80 has been repainted into R2-F1P, and R5-PHT is Glynn Turner's black & silver R2 with a new R5 dome:
    I think these before and after pictures present an excellent example of the UK Droid Builders making something new out of what they had, and presumably within restrictions of budget, time, and only doing what can also later be reversed, given these droids are their own property. I hope they can do more of the same, and are permitted greater latitude to do ever more creative things with their droids. I'd love to see some more new domes and fresh colour schemes.

Oh, I think I understand now. I assumed this pic was taken at the same event. I think you just included the pic for comparison. Backdrops looked similar.
    Same great backdrop by Paul 'Wiz' Johnson, but look at floor and you'll see it's different

Page 535 of 535 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535